(Special)One Shot - Secret Message

2k reads!!! OMG!!!

(Y/N) POV

I hummed to myself as I pulled out a blue marker and started drawing swirls and random designs on my arm. As I was drawing the final swirl on the last patch of skin left showing, a hand slammed down on my desk, "(Y/N)!" An angry voice snapped, "what have I told you about paying attention in my class?!"

I looked up and shrugged, "To do it?"

The teacher stood up and straightened his glasses, "If you had been paying attention, you would have remembered that I told you multiple times not to draw unimportant things on your skin!"

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair, "'only write important things because you'll never find your soulmate if you waste your time like that.' But what if I don't care about a soulmate? It's not like-" I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to face my best friend, Alex. She shook her head as a signal to stop talking and I sighed, taking her advice.

The teacher brushed his brown hair out of his eyes and walked back to the front of the class to continue his lesson, "Everyone is born with a soulmate, whether their soulmate is meant to be a partner or simply a close friend. No one knows exactly how, but everything you write on your skin will show up on the skin of your soulmate. When you are at this age, you should be in the process of at least talking to your soulmate. You- blah blah blah -soulmate- yadda yadda -(Y/N)-  adjjhadhjadsjshj -(Y/N)!!!" I shot up, realizing I had been spacing out again, "(Y/N)! I told you to pay attention multiple times, you know what to do."

I sighed, grabbing my stuff and shoving it into my bag. I strolled out of the classroom and through the halls, I knew this path like the back of my hand. I opened the door without even knocking and plopped down in one of the plush chairs that leaned up against the wall of books, kicking the door closed, "I'm back bitches!"

"(Y/N)," the brunette sighed and looked up from her paperwork, "What did you do this time?"

"You should know that by now, Maxine," I held up my arm to show her my wonderful artwork.

She rolled her beautiful purple eyes, "(Y/N), we're in school. Just because you end up here almost every day doesn't mean you don't have to be professional."

I moved to sit sideways on the chair, leaning my back against one of the mahogany arms and swinging my legs over the other, "Whatever you say, Ms. Principal."

***** POV

I sat with my friends as they talked and ate their lunch, but I wasn't paying attention to their conversation. I watched my arm with a smile as the swirls and vines formed smoothly on my skin. No matter how hard my day had been, watching the art that flowed across my arms always made me happy. I had plenty of friends, but just the tiniest drawing that graced my skin made me feel less alone. I knew my soulmate was out there somewhere, and it lifted my spirits. I suddenly snorted out a laugh as words formed on my arm. I tapped the short girl left of me and showed her my arm, she giggled as she read the words out loud, "'Hydrogen, Oxygen, Molybdenum, Radium Hydrogen, Argon, Radium' your soulmate sure has a sense of humour."

"I don't know," the boy sitting to her left piped up, "It seems too out of place of the normal things your soulmate writes. It could be some sort of secret message."

"You think too much," the tall girl across from him spoke, "it's just a joke."

"Hmm..." another voice spoke up, "are you sure about that? He's pretty smart, he might be right."

"But," the girl tilted her head in confusion, "what's the secret message?"

"Well," I looked at the message carefully, "some of the words are repeated so---" I cut myself off, "Amazing! This code is so simple, yet could only be understood by people like me! It's like a test!" I began scribbling on a piece of paper, correcting the spelling a bit, and-- "I've got it!" I showed it to the others.

"So the secret message was-"

(Y/N) POV

"Did you send the message?" Alex laid her head on my shoulder as the bus drove through a tunnel, bathing us in darkness.

"Yeah," I sighed, "yesterday." I smirked, "But they'll only understand if they're smart enough to. Can't make things too easy now, can I?"

"(Y/N)," Alex groaned, "you always do this. Not everyone needs to be tested."

I shrugged, "I know, I'm just bored." The bus stopped at the front gates and a torrent of students stampeded out of the bus. Alex and I were the last ones out, and I stretched as I stepped out of the bus, raising my arms above me and hearing the bones in my back crack. I stiffened and looked to my right, where two dark blue eyes stared at me in awe. No, not me... they were staring at my arm. I had never felt self-conscious before, but I immediately hid my arm behind my back and followed Alex into the school. Passing the bewildered stranger, and trying to block out their beautiful eyes.

***** POV

I stared at the (h/c) haired girl as she shuffled past me. I looked down at my arm to see the same designs that had been drawn on that girl's arm. I had found my soulmate! I spent what felt like hours staring at the gate through which the beautiful girl had disappeared before the voices of my friends pulled me out of my thoughts, "Was that her?"

"Yeah..." I nodded slowly, still staring at the school that lay beyond the walls.

"You finally found her, Okuda!"

-------------------
I can do a second part if you want. This was actually kind of fun to write. :)

We were taking a two-week break, but I just couldn't not write. Whether or not it's good, it's fun!

-Mira