Secrets Unveiled Pt. 2

This may be bad because it is a product of my midnight-chocolate-cake-induced-insomnia.

Rio POV

"(Y/N)," She was crying. I had never seen her cry before, and it scared me that I had no way to help.  Even Karma was uncharacteristically saddened at the tears that finally broke through the guarded girl.

"I'm sorry." I looked up, hoping to see the smiling face of the girl I had grown to love, but the only expression that was painted on that beautiful (s/c) canvas, was pain. 

"(Y/N)," I gently brushed a tear from her face, but it was no use as it was quickly replaced. We sat at her bedside for what seemed like ages before a knock sounded at the door, shattering the silence that suffocated the hospital room.

Nagisa stood to get the door, the slight squeak of the opening door hauntingly loud. "I'm sorry," a soft voice came from the doorway, the blonde-haired nurse still afraid to get near the assassin. Though she was half-hidden behind the door, the apologetic, sad smile on her face was prominent, "Visiting hours are over, and the patient has to rest a bit."

The patient.

Not, '(Y/N)'. Not 'Miss (L/N)'. 

The patient.

Okuda placed her hands gently over my balled fists, smiling softly. I nodded, and, with a last look back at her sleeping face, we walked away from (Y/N).

We were halfway through the door when a horrifying noise resounded in our ears, beep. beep. beep. beep. beep beep beep beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep. As the repetitive noise came quicker and quicker, we rushed back to her bedside, "No! (Y/N)!"

Kayano tried to shake her awake, "(Y/N!) (Y/N)!"

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

No...

(Y/N) POV

The open doorway glowed with a bright light, urging me forward, through the darkness, but the closer I got to the door, the farther away it seemed. I was now running toward the door, reaching out a hand, almost there, but my hand was met with emptiness as I lunged toward the door, falling to my knees when it vanished suddenly.

I looked up from my lap to see two shadowy figures standing in front of me, outlined in white so as to stand out from the darkness surrounding us. One of the figures was much smaller than the other, who looked to be an adult. In the blink of an eye, the adult figure had stabbed a knife into the smaller one. I knew this scene... Michael! I hurried toward my brother, laying his head in my lap, brushing his short (h/c) hair from his (s/c) face. "I'm sorry." My voice seemed higher than usual and looking down, I could see my body was smaller as well, I was a scared little girl again, left all alone in the dark. Michael's eyes shot open, his mouth forming two words that were like daggers to my heart, "Your fault."

I scrambled away, falling flat on my back as the darkness around me began to change. I was staring up at the ceiling of our old house. No, the white padded ceiling of my asylum room. No, the ceiling of a lab. Strapped down to a metal table as scientists with unknown tools surrounded me, I began to scream, struggling to be free of my restraints. My struggling became more frantic as I heard a sinister chuckling figure step toward me, Yanagisawa.

I ripped my limbs free of the restraints, rolling off the table, and looking around frantically for an exit. "There!" I rushed toward the iron door, swinging it open. Before I could step through, the scene around me changed, the darkness consumed me again and suddenly I was falling. I shut my eyes tight, scared to see the darkness that devoured me.

I felt a soft cushioning beneath me, the wind no longer whipped my hair. Opening my eyes slowly, I let them adjust to the bright lights around me. When I could finally distinguish my surroundings, I recognized the relieved face of the beautiful woman holding my hand tightly.

"Harleen." I croaked, my voice barely above a whisper. Seeing her face again, the face that plagued my mind, the face that brought me comfort and guilt, I slowly sat up, my gaze never leaving hers.

She smiled, blood dripping from her mouth, and soaking through her shirt, "Your fault."I hugged her tightly, my vision shifted, as I was suddenly sitting in the middle of the room, the doctor's head on my lap, surrounded by the bodies of the innocent hospital staff. Tears fell from my eyes, mixing with the blood on the doctor's pale face. I heard a scream from the doorway. Looking up, I saw my only friends, staring at me in horror as I held the body of their fallen mother.

They both opened their mouths, speaking in harmony, "Your fault."

"(Y/N!)" a voice called. It came from all around me, reverberating around the hospital room.

"Your fault." Four voices spoke. "Your fault. Your fault! Your fault! " The voices rose as the room around me began to flicker, shadowy figures formed all around me, too many to count. The people I killed. "Your fault! Your fault! Your fault! " I shut my eyes tight, trying to block out the voices around me.

"(Y/N)!" I opened my eyes, an unseen force pulling me backward. Past the shadowy figures in the hospital room, past the scientists in the lab, past the asylum room, I had spent so much time in, past our old home where I had suffered and been freed, and back to the beginning.

I was again surrounded in darkness, facing the open door, but this time, something had changed. My friends stood in front of me, E class, my new home. And in the front of the group, Lillian and Frances stood, offering their hands to me. I looked behind me to where my brother stood next to Dr. Quinnzel. They nodded, smiling, and I turned back to the people who stood before me. Standing up, I took their hands, and the scene around me began to fade for the last time.

-----------

Hehe. RIP

-Mira