Mom

A/N 1k Reads Special Flashback!

--Flashback--

3rd POV

"Ms. (L/N)?" A kind nurse knocked on the door, peeking her head through the open frame, "You have a visitor. He claims that he is a relative."

Confused, the (e/c) eyed girl furrowed her brows at the nurse. She didn't have any blood relatives left, let alone any that would visit her, so, out of a growing curiosity, she nodded in confirmation. The nurse stepped out of view and a new figure walked into her hospital room. She growled at the teal eyed and dark-haired man, "Why are you here?"

"Why, I heard you were injured. Is it not normal for a man to want to care for the welfare of his niece?" The man queried.

"Not if it's someone like you," (Y/N) retorted, "now tell me the truth. What do you want with me?"

"You always were a smart child," the man's façade lowered, "you're right, I do want something from you. As you seem to be throwing away your life already with this pitiful excuse for a 'job', I assumed you wouldn't mind if I put it to use." 

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at the man, "Assassination is not pitiful, and it is not an excuse. I just wish someone would hire me to kill you."

"You can't do it of your own accord?" he smirked.

"No," she retorted, "It simply isn't worth my time to kill filth like you without a reward for my troubles."

"I see. Well if that's the case, I suppose I will have to take you by force," he stabbed a syringe into the (h/c) haired girl's arm and injected the serum into her, "Once this has taken hold of you, there will be nowhere for you to turn. You will become even more of a monster than you already are, and considering your mental state, it shouldn't take long."

He was right, after a minute or so, the young girl stopped thrashing and began screaming in horror as if the force of millions of nightmares invaded her brain. The electrocardiographic heart monitor (A/N 'Beep Beep machine') flatlined as (Y/N) ripped the wires from her arms. Standing on shaky legs, she swung her first to smash the vase by her bedside. She gripped a large, broken, ceramic shard tightly in her fist, as blood dripped onto the floor. Her eyes were glazed over in pain, and confusion. She couldn't control her actions as she swung the shard at the nearest doctor who had rushed in as soon as he heard the commotion. Doctors and nurses ran around in a frenzy and screamed in horror as the young girl mercilessly slaughtered the hospital staff. The man who claimed to be her relative stood in the corner of the room, watching with an amused expression as he waited. 

Bodies lay everywhere, and the girl's (s/c) skin was stained red with blood, but the man's waiting paid off as a tall, blonde woman walked into the room. She stepped over her fallen coworkers and kneeled in front of the pained killer, "(Y/N)..." she placed her hand on the young girl's face, "What happened to you?"

"D-doctor," the girl choked out, "I... I can't c-control it. I-"

"It's okay (Y/N)," Doctor Quinzel comforted, "I understand. I promised I would save you, somehow. I will save you (Y/N), I-" 

Harleen gasped, and (Y/N)'s eyes widened as they both looked down to see the shard of vase in (Y/N)'s hand, pierced through the doctor's gut. "No," (Y/N) fell to the ground, dropping the weapon and holding the doctor in her arms, "Nonononono. This can't be happening." 

As (Y/N) fell into hysterics, Doctor Quinzel wrapped her arms around the child's small figure and hugged her close, "(Y/N)..." even dying, the doctor managed to smile, "I promised to save you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to you in time." (Y/N) tried to get her to stop talking, but she continued, "Promise me one thing before I go? Promise that you won't waste that second chance I gave you."

"I-I promise."

"(Y/N)..."

"Please don't leave!"

"I won't..."

"You're the only true mother I ever had!"

"(Y/N)..."

"Please..."

"(Y/N)... I love you..."

"I love you, too..."

"Don't forget me."

"Please, don't go..."

"..."

"Doctor Quinzel..."

"..."

"Harleen...!"

"..."

"No! Please, please... mom..."

---

A/N To Be Continued...