Chapter Twenty Three:Stars in Night.

Unedited.

RAJVEER

The moment of bliss never lasted longer for him. Sometimes it was all fate but mostly it was he who always collided with nicely going events and turned them into bitter memories. As he had done with Naina in his married life.

He had grown suspicious to the extent that he had not taken into account of her being a human. He had overlooked the fact always. He had thought of him..only him during that period. He was disgusted of her. Her maligned character. Her sham behaviour and mostly of her smiles...

But the day he had been opened to truth, his whole view was changed.

He had been transported from hate to shame. He was ashamed of himself. He was ashamed of wronging her in every possible manner. Humiliating her In every possible  way. And this shame had been a huge burden on his soul. Always choking him..

Whole three years he wanted her apology so badly because he wanted to get rid of this shame. He wanted to live freely as he used to do before. And when he didnt get what he had been desiring for so long, he began to do what he never did.

He went berserk. He changed his norms. He divulged into smoke. And soon he was relentlessly reckless.

His image he himself had deteriorated it. His name was now not among reliable officers...atleast not for whom had witnessed his actions in past three years.

It was not all because of his guilt. It had come from his need. He had derived it. When he could not seek her apology the way he had wanted, he began to ruin himself. The reverse psychology. If he was guilty he needed to be punished. If not her, then by himself.

It was the course of story.. for past few years..

He had not craved for her company but for her apology. He wanted a redemption which he never got by the way..

But....

....

.....Rajveer' wants were changed the moment he had been transferred here. The moment he saw all shinny and strong in her teacher avatar...getting on and gripping students with her bold method. She was still strong even suffering so much. And there he was. Crying over his weakness. Taking things other way around.

Naina was changed. He had seen her. But....

....He also was changed. And perhaps this fact went beyond her sight. Because not for a moment she  let herself fall weak in front of him.

And then her distant attitude to everyone...Her silence and her aloofness. He could make one thing only.

She was back on the path to depression and self destruction.

The way she had harmed herself in KMA, she'd have done it here too.

Perhaps his fear of being another cayse of her suffering gripped him and made him seeking her more for an apology again..

But the type of woman she was, she never gave in. Or perhaps his words were that bad!

He silently sat up and looked outside. Events had changed too much.

He had sailed past and had now been through the storms. He had stopped seeking her apology. He had stopped yearning for it. Because sometimes time heals the wounds....all other way around.

Now a days he was running for her happiness. Her smiles which were exclusive, he wanted to make them obvious to everyone. But he himself waa aware the fact she wpuld never accept him as the reason of her single sentiment.

As he was always the one for her all suffering!

He felt like his room was now too suffocating for him. He came out. Corridor was dark so was his life. And ever time it was because of some damn  prelaid rules.