Chapter nineteen : Incentives

I am not satisfied with the chapter.. Perhaps next'll be ok.

Udaipur

The same base and the same people but what was not same were their attitudes. Some were enjoying life, some were living while some were just taking it like another day.

Vihan had gone bit silent after the silent yet hard rejection thrown upon him by Naina. Yes, he tried to talk with her sometimes but not always. He tried to offer her coffee sometimes but not always. It was not like he had gone bitter for her. He was unable to cope up with that brutal rejection. Naina'd have gone bit softer and told him that she was passing through hard phase but she didnt. she just flatly refused to listen him and thrust her open and harsh rejection on Vihan. It was total live nightmare for him.

But Once again Vihan found himself going softer for Naina. It was not his fault either. She was different. Even her rejection proved to be brutal but it was not fatal to kill his feelings. He adjusted his thoughts with perception of her having gone through a hard phase. Perhaps she had seen a lot and her life was not a bed of roses at all. Whatever she had seen might have made her so bitter. So Vihan was back with his less chirpy nature to Naina again.

This time with a coffee...

He knocked and fortunately door was opened at first knock. There she was. Same tired eyes. Same worn out face. But her expressions were different today. She was shocked. Pleasantly or........? He could not think.

'Umm...-'

Before she coukd even ask why he was here, Vihan leaped to her side and handed her his coffee mug. And offered her a small smile.

'I can apologize for suddenly disclosing my feelings to you. But Naina....Believe me.this would never do the damage control. I dont want to make you believe my lies. I have feelings for you and always will have.'

She shifted her balance on one feet to another getting bit uncomfortable.

'Dont feel uncomfortable. Please. I have feelings for you. It's true. But I cant act on them right now. Its true too. I thought for days and night. And then I conclude you must have your reasons for being a loner and harsh. I know you will not tell me. Even I dont want to know them. But what I want is.....Your friendship. Please....I promise I'll behave.'

Vihan saw her going stiff. Was he rude? Did he do something bad? Or did he cross a line here?

He had to hold her back before she cut him out.

'Please Naina. I want to know you. Its like getting acquainted not that I want you too to feel for me in same way as I do. But....Dosti hum dono ko kuch khubsurat ahsas se rubaroo karayegi. Please...We need those moments. Pleasee...Feelings are always another story. But Friendship is common. You need to trust me for once..'

He saw silent. For next few moments she didnt utter a word..

His breath hitched fearing her one more brutal rejection. But...his heart was ready this time with a little of strength...to deal with and cope with it.

'Ok.'

He only heard her one syllable and then next came click of her door. But....it was opposite to Vihan. New door had been opened for him today. And he was hopeful of seeing more...having more of her life.

******

Next few days He spent in locating her time to times and leading her to more crowded place. First one was centre table of Mess. Where Riya was visibly angry as the rest. Second place was A' room where she had silently listened whole conversation without taking a part in it...