Chapter one: Duties and Responsibilities

Friendship is said to be the most pious relation sometimes. Here we meet strangers then get to know them. And then time comes when we could bait our life for them. Other relations sometimes fails to be same reliable and trustworthy as friendship is.

Same happened with Captain Naveen. He was framed for ammunition smuggling and selling them to bidders. Just in two days everything had come crushing down. His career, reputation, name, and most importantly his respect. The people who were singing in his praise, abashed him openly. They declared him traitor even when all allegations were not proved to be true. When everyone and everything was against him, there was one person who had his back.

Captain Rajveer Singh shekhawat!

He had at once flew to gurdaspur base where naveen was arrested with few rifles and a blue print of missile. He had rushed to him leaving his everything behind.....His career, his family in Delhi and perhaps some important mission or task whatever he was assigned to take care of. With his presence, Naveen could not feel more gloomy. His support was there. He could not feel same fear as before. He was relaxed for time. He was not tensed because raj was there to take care of his tensions. Raj was here......His best friend. With his trust in him, all allegations didnt matter to Naveen.

On the other hand, Raj' face had void of colour. It was full of fear. Naveen a traitor? A spy? No....Not in his dream. He could for a second turn his back but Naveen could never. Raj' feet trembled when he approached handcuffed naveen. Two soldiers were standing beside him with guns in hands. Raj couldn't meet their eyes. It was not he was ashamed of being Naveen' friend. He was ashamed on being late. If he were steady and fast,perhaps anaveen wouldn't be like this. Only if he were involved and way clever than the person who had trapped nav. But right now Naveen was no longer a captain because he was under investigation now.

What a turn in events!

Just few months ago he was complaining him about his desk load. How badly khanna had involved him in many kind of troubles starting from making reports on necessary improvement in uniform to distributing some rubbish tenders. For a second his mind drifted to that tender slut. Damn!

Before he could say anything, Naveen spoke up.

'Sale! Bachane aaya he ya aansu bahane! Gale lag..talk sweetly. Aise devdas banke kya khada he? Janaze par mahi aya he jo baccho jaise ro rha he. Abe...I need moral support. Hell broke on me...aur tujhe dekh kar lagta he ki gf teri bhagi he.'

Raj could not believe his ears. This guy was really from other world.

'Sale. Ek to khud hi trap ho gya...upar se mujhe bol rha he ki tensed na ho. Agar tujhe hail ho gayi to tere baccho ka kya hoga! Aur wo teri radha, meera, heera, kheera gfs he unka kya hoga? Chal...idhar aa...' he hugged him and felt his shoulders wet soon.

Naveen was crying. Yes. The facade was just to hide his broken self. Raj'eyes too were flooded now.

He turned to soldiers who were watching the convict to have his first ever consolation meeting. He asked them to wait for few minutes before they take him to cell.

'Sun. Ek ehsaan karega?'

'Pagal he...jaan he tu meri. Aur me apni jaan par ehsan nahi kar skata.'

'Sale...emotions ki ma bahan mt kar...kitna gay sound kar rha he tu...pata he tujhe! Damn! Kitna emotional scene banta...Tune dhajjiya uda di.' Naveen wiped his tears laughing maniacally. 'Sun..Gudiya ki shadi he...Chandigarh ke Cavanal Hill Resort me. If I am unable to reach within three hours, wo poori duniya sar par utha legi. Please...go and handle her. Koi bhi excuse de dena...just for a day. Kal to newspaper aur tv headlines par sabko pata lag hi jayega.'