Chapter Twenty Two: Day by day

RAJVEER

The night didnt went in jiffy for him. Whole night he turned sides on bed. Whole night he was wide awake. Reason was his past..

But was it supposed to happen!

No. He wanted freedom from a stained relation. He wanted his space. His dignity back...And now he had all these, hadnt he!

Rajveer could not hide his tear that escaped down his cheek. Soon he was deep in thoughts.

Pondering over his past was not a right thing to do. Not even close to right. When he had gone past all these...after three years what exactly had made the difference that caused him nightmares and insomnia.

Answer was vivid in form of a broken case..

He got up and began his morning chores. He was ready within time but again got late as one of his socks was hung somewhere unknown to him. In breakfast he could not bear so much perfect coffee made by himself. All he did was think of her. And this caused his inside churn. He was angry...so much angry. On himself..on turns of events and on her too.

If he hadn't told her to leave, would it have been same and peaceful for him!

He thought while attending meeting with Brigadier.

If she hadnt let their relation go, he would have had his mental peace.

He saw her while teaching the cadets.

Face void of emotions and hesitant in sharing the space with him. But soon it was  clouded with serious expressions and lecture resumed.....much to his dismay.

His heart had taken a new root. It is fluttering now and then.

The feeling is unknown to him. Naina was his past. He had taken time in getting over Nandini because she had cheated on him deliberately by leaving him. Her deception had made him shallow. But with naina it was all different. He was unable to name one particular cause for his heart to turn rebel against his wish.

All of sudden he was ashamed on himself..

But the life was going on...And he could not stop it. His encounter with his ex wife were now not subtle. He would stare at her deprived face so long. Sometime she would  leave the lecture just after the bell but....he never dared. He would see her retreating figure as long as he could.

Rajveer was not able to name his state. He was sleepless at nights because he was afraid whether she was crying in her own room or spending night aghast. Her eyes every morning were red. And that would always made his sleep disappear.

Was it his repent? His repent that he made her life hell! His attempts of lessening his guilt after knowing the truth. Or was it his weakness in accepting his own fault and moving on?

He caught her glimpse while moving back to his quarter. She was standing and talking on phone. He would recognize her figure now even in dark. He would feel her presence...and it scared him.

He kept standing there. He looked at her. She was animatedly giving orders to whomever was on other side of phone. He presumed it be Naveen...and soon he broke into a grin.

Those memories flashed when she was dictating her brother and making fun of them. Though he was a silent spectator but he has enjoyed it..all. Naveen as a scapegoat was his all time favourite. And watching naveen help less in front of his own sister was a sight to watch..

She left soon and he broke into sorrows. He himself had ruined the happiness of three lives..He was the villain...

He was the demon who single handedly had ruined the paradise.