The Lady- Mairon (or Sauron, whichever you prefer)

Hai! I wanted to do something just a bit different! I wanna write this from Frodo's point of view! I'll save the description. Read on!

~Frodo~
The council hadn't yet begun, when two new people arrived on the terrace. It was an elf woman and an elf man. Elrond immediately stood and walked to them. They were locked in conversation long enough for me to review them.
The woman was beautiful, and there was almost a sort of light coming from within her. She wore traveling clothes, instead of a dress, and around her neck hung a chain with a red symbol on it. The symbol was an eye, with little lines coming from the bottom. I had never seen it before, but it somehow made me uneasy. The woman had an air of quiet sadness, like someone who had been through too much, but she also looked calm and happy.
The elf man who stood at her side was barely taller than her. He had the same glowing features as the woman. His hair was a brilliant gold that was pulled into a long braid down his back. He wore armor, and on the breast plate was the same symbol as the pendant around the woman's neck. The man glanced around at one point in the conversation, and his eyes stuck on me for a second. They were unsettling. Instead of the whites of his eyes being white, they were a fiery color. Both elves had many piercings and rings.
Glorfindel was now standing as well, and went to greet them in a normal Elvish way. The elf at my side was whispering in awe to his friend.
"It's the Lady of the Tower," he was saying.
I had not heard of any ladies of towers, so I leaned closer to Bilbo.
"I heard the elves talking about a Lady of a Tower?" I asked. "Who is she?"
"That elleth who just walked in, my dear Frodo," Bilbo smiled. "It's doubtful that any of you young ones would have heard of her. She's been around a long time, I'd say. I always thought she was just a legend."
"What do you mean, Bilbo?" I was still confused.
"The Lady of the Tower, Frodo, is wife to the Dark Lord. She, as the tale I was told goes, was one of the very first elves. Her home is a Tower by the shores of the sea. I wonder why she's come to Rivendell. I was under the impression that she never left her home," Bilbo explained.
As he said this, the Lady of the Tower turned to face us. She smiled softly and excused herself from the conversation with the elf man, Elrond, and Glorfindel. She walked swiftly to us.
"Greetings, Bilbo and Frodo Baggins of the Shire," her voice was commanding, yet soft.
"My Lady!" The elf next to me gulped.
"And Legolas Thranduilion," the Lady smiled, addressing him.
"My Lady, I didn't know you were coming!" Legolas said. "I had heard you stayed in Barad-Ando."
"Normally I would, Prince, but this occasion is important," she replied. "I would elaborate, but there will be much time here for that."
"Amil," a strong voice called her from behind.
It was the elf man with the braid.
"Yes, Beleg?" The Lady turned to him.
"Lord Elrond has offered us seats next to Gandalf. He is anxious for the council to begin," Beleg pointed to the empty seats.
"Then we shall keep him no longer," The Lady nodded, turning to Legolas, Bilbo, and I. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintances."
"And yours," Bilbo replied.
The Lady and Beleg took their seats. Elrond called for everyone's attention, and the chatter quieted. He stood.
"You have all been called here to discuss a matter of dire concern," Elrond opened the council. "I would ask the Ringbearer to bring the Ring forth and place it on this pedestal."
I started at the mention of the Ring and myself, but stood and placed the Ring where Elrond indicated. I returned to my seat, amid furious whispers.
"As you are all aware, a darkness is rising," Elrond continued. "The Dark Lord is returning, and this is the one thing he yearns for."
I saw the Lady of the Tower make a face. I recalled the Bilbo had said she was the wife of the Dark Lord, but I couldn't believe that he would marry someone, let alone this beautiful woman.
"With apologies to Lady Caroline," Elrond turned to her, "I would ask that you examine this?"
"Of course, Lord Elrond," she nodded, approaching the Ring.
She picked it up and held it in the sunlight. The Lady nodded, and set the Ring down slowly.
"This is indeed the One Ring, forged by my husband in secret," she confirmed. "You knew before I came, though?"
"I had performed a few tests," Gandalf spoke. "I have seen the fire-writing, as has Frodo. I guessed before even that, though. It was the only Ring of Power that was unadorned."
"This is true," the Lady nodded.
She took her seat again.
"If this is truly Isildur's Bane," a blond Man stood, "Then I must speak to you all about a dream that drew me here."
"Speak, then, son of the Steward," Elrond allowed him.
"I had a dream one night, and in the dream, I was told to come here to find the sword that was broken. I was unable to get much information from it, and hoped to find some answer in Rivendell," the Man explained.
"And you shall," Elrond nodded.
I longed to hear the answers the Man sought, but a voice entered my mind. It was the soft voice of the Lady.
"Ringbearer," she said, "you have been injured by the Nine. What have you heard in your time carrying the burden of the Ring?"
I had no idea how to answer, but somehow I realized that maybe if I thought what she wanted to know, she would hear it.
"I have felt and heard dark words and dark things," I thought, hoping she heard.
"What sort of dark words?"
"I could not understand them... they filled me with fear."
"Thank you, then. I will not bother you much longer with this."
When she finished talking with me, the Man from earlier was suggesting something.
"This is a gift! We have something of great power and leverage! Give this to Gondor! We have long defended your lands from the evils of Mordor, but we cannot prevail forever," he was standing directly beside the pedestal.
"You could not use it if you tried," the Lady frowned. "Only Mairon has power over this Ring."
"How should we know to trust you?" a dwarf growled. "Wicked woman..."
"Have care how you speak to my mother," Beleg, the elf man next to the Lady growled. "We did not come to deceive you. We are not aligned with my father. We came only to give counsel and aid to your journey."
"If it is the will of the council, we will leave," the Lady said, "but before that, I would speak to Lord Elrond. I wish to know all anyone knows of my husband."
"There is no need for you to leave, Lady Caroline," Elrond assured her. "The rest of you would do well to trust the Lady and her son. I asked them to come, because they may be able to provide insight that people unconnected to the Dark Lord would not have."
The rest of the council settled back uneasily. It was clear that many did not trust the Lady Caroline and her son Beleg. I hadn't known about them before now, and I saw how they acted. They were generally kind-looking and didn't seem untrustworthy. The blond Man still stood close to the Ring. He reached out for it while they were talking. All at once, three terrible voices began chanting the words that filled my nightmares. I recognized the words immediately, but being paralyzed with fear, it took me a minute to realize that the words were being spoken by Gandalf, Lady Caroline, and Beleg. The whole council was filled with terror, and most of the elves clamped their hands over their ears. When the chant was finished, light returned and the terror faded.
"Never before have words of that tongue been spoken in Imladris," Elrond sighed, looking at the three of them.
"Let us hope they shall never be spoken again in your house," Gandalf nodded.
"It seems some of us here need reminding the origins of this ring," Lady Caroline frowned, glaring at Boromir. "You would all do well to remember that this ring was forged under a mask of deceit, and that it holds malice unceasing. I will not sugarcoat this, for all your sakes."
"Such a power shouldn't be kept in secret," an elf suggested. "Mirkwood would not take it, nor Lothlorien, though I cannot speak for Imladris."
"I could not hide it either," Elrond shook his head. "I would fear for myself and others. Nothing was evil in the beginning, not even Sauron, as the Lady knows well."
"He is not entirely evil still," Lady Caroline frowned. "None of you met his master, and I am glad for that. He was true evil, but my husband is not. He is, however, susceptible to the thought of evil."
"I would take your word for it," Elrond nodded. "It seems the only option is to destroy the Ring."
"Well, what are we waiting for?" a dwarf sprang to his feet.
He brought his axe up and tried to break the Ring with it. As he did, I saw a fiery eye flash in my vision. His axe splintered all around it, and he was flat on the ground. The Lady grimaced.
"I meant to warn you, Gimli, son of Gloin," she helped him to his feet. "The Ring can only be destroyed in the fires it was forged in. It can only be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom."
"One does not simply walk into Mordor!" the Man scoffed. "The Great Eye is ever watchful. The land is riddled with ash and dust. The very air you breathe is poisonous. Not with ten thousand men could you do this."
"Have you heard nothing that's just been said?" Legolas frowned at my side. "The Ring must be destroyed!"
"The Prince is correct, and there is truth in Boromir's words," Lady Caroline said. "It is folly for anyone to walk to Mordor, but with company such as mine, you would be kept from most harm."
"Oh? How do we know you're not just luring us in?" Gimli, son of Gloin, accused her. "Surely the Dark Lord stops at nothing to get his jewelry back."
"In that, Dwarf, you are wrong," Lady Caroline answered calmly. "In the early days of my marriage, my husband made a promise to me. Nothing under his command would cause any sort of harm to me or our children. If I accompanied the one appointed to carry the Ring, you might be spared."
"I'd die before I trust a Pointy-Ear, let alone you!" Gimli snarled.
This sparked a full-blown argument through the whole of the council. While the yelling grew louder, my eyes were glued to the Ring. I heard whispering in my mind, and the gold glinted with fire. The whispering increased, and I heard the words that Gandalf, Beleg, and Lady Caroline has spoken, though in a different voice. I tried to cover my ears, but it did nothing, since the words were in my mind. I leapt to my feet, knowing what I had to do.
"I will do it," I volunteered, trying to speak over the yelling. "I will take the Ring to Mordor."
The arguing stopped immediately and everyone turned to me, save the Lady, who had already been looking at me. Gandalf closed his eyes solemnly.
"Though... I do not know the way," I admitted.
Gandalf walked to my side.
"I will help you carry this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear," he pledged.
Strider came to my side next.
"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword," he set his hand on the hilt.
"And my bow," Legolas offered.
"And my axe," Gimli glared at Legolas, untrustingly.
"I would like to go as well," Lady Caroline stood. "I would offer as much protection to you as I am able, but I do warn you that I am going to redeem my husband."
"I will follow my mother," Beleg walked to her side.
"If this is the will of the council," Boromir sighed. "Then Gondor will see it done."
"Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me!" Sam rushed onto the terrace.
"No, indeed," Elrond shook his head. "And it is hardly possible to separate you, even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not!"
"We're coming too!" Merry and Pippin raced to the group.
"You'll have to send us home tied in sacks to prevent us from coming too!" Merry steeled his gaze.
"Yeah!" Pippin agreed. "And besides, you need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing..."
"Well, that rules you out, Pip," Merry rolled his eyes playfully.
Elrond sighed again and nodded.
"Very well. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring," he dubbed the group.
"Great!" Pippin beamed. "Where are we going?"
Lady Caroline laughed.
"Mordor, Peregrin Took," she reminded him.

To be continued, anyone? I'll prolly do it anyway. How did you all like this? I like it a lot. If you couldn't tell from my recent activity, I am completely in love with Mairon and the idea of being his wife. Also, Beleg is a protective cinnamon roll who loves his mom! Bai!
From the desk (iPad) of Author Lady Barnes,
dracoline