Chapter 12 • God's minion

Start from the beginning

He stepped into the scene, Jimin trailing behind him as both observed the different figures.
The demon who was fuming with anger, wings spread behind him intimidatingly as he glared at the man in front of him in fury.
The stranger, that they immediately recognized as an angel, was looking back at Taehyung with the same kind of emotion. Though his face was blank and cold as stone, which in Jimin's opinion made him more scary as he seemed unreadable, his eyes were absolute fire.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows at the thick atmosphere that filled the air, before glancing at Eunha. He almost snorted as he saw her face; she was obviously struggling to decide what to do.
Jimin on the other hand didn't try to contain his laughter, he let it out loudly, figure flailing around like a deflating balloon figure as he slapped a tree next to him.

The sudden explosion of amusement seemed to attract everyone's attention as they all watched how the elf composed himself, hands in the air as a silent apology.

The angel took in the figures, eyebrows slightly raising in surprise as he wondered how these different creatures had found each other. He then focused his attention on the vampire, realizing he had asked him a question.

He studied the man for a second, he stood tall and calmly. An almost leader-like aura radiating off of him as he waited for a response. The vampire wasn't out to cause trouble, the angel could tell, he just wanted to know what was going on.

The stranger took a step back from the demon, his furious demeanor melting into a what kinder expression.
"My name is Hoseok. We got some warnings that an innocent human was surrounded by dangerous company; I'm here to keep her safe."

After his introduction, Hoseok turned to look at the short girl, a warm smile spreading on his face as he held out his hand towards her, "Eunha, isn't it? Are you okay?"

Wow. She was right. His smile could literally make the filthiest piece of trash shine brightly.
He mesmerized her with his looks and energy, yet she didn't feel ugly or less next to him. He was the kind of attractive that complimented others as well.

An involuntary blush appeared on the girl's face as she glanced down at his outstretched hand
Right, he had asked her something.
"I-I'm fine, don't worry."

She took a soft breath, in need of some air as the angel had taken all of it away with his smile.
As if in trance, Eunha reached out to take the stranger's hand in hers, not caring that she just met the creature. She wanted to feel his warm skin, fingers brushing against each other, creating an explosion of tingles and happiness. She had read in a book once that just the presence of an angel could make a human giddy with joy, so she wondered what skin on skin contact would do to her. Before she could put her small hand in his, however, someone grabbed her wrist, pulling her away.

"Of course she's fine, I wasn't actually hurting her." Taehyung spoke in a deep voice, the blame clear in his voice as he questioned the angel's stupidity. Did he really think that he would torture Eunha? He had tagged along to keep her safe, not to kill her.

"You sure about that?" Hoseok mumbled dangerously as he pointed at the girl. She let out an almost inaudible whimper as she tried to twist her wrist out of the demon's tight hold. He was being a little too rough and the pained expression on her face gave it away.

Taehyung loosened his grip, but did not yet let go of her, just to piss off the angel a bit more.
"I'm warning you, demon. Leave Eunha alone right now or I will have to take some serious measurements."

"I would like to see you try, sunshine."
The two enemies stood close to one another as their staring contest continued with a round two. Their bodies were surrounded by their powers; Taehyung had black electricity and dark smoke circling around him, while Hoseok was engulfed in golden light beams and cloudy white.
They were the perfect contrast.