Aftermath

Pryce graced the battleground himself and brought an ambulance with him. By now, it was 6:30 in the morning. We went to the Godfrey Institute, hospital section.

Peter had the most fix-upping to do. He had broken a few bones and had surgery to get those fixed. Not to mention the countless bruises and the amount of blood loss he had.  Roman had to get all cleaned up and make sure he really was completely fine. I realized when I had those dark eyes and bloody tears, my heart was mended. As if the vargulf had ripped nothing off. But I did have lots of bruises, cuts, two wounds, including the one on the back of my head. Those had to get cured. I also had severe blood loss, so they had to order in blood for me. Destiny spent her time rotating around Peter and my beds, but occasionally dropped by to check in on Roman. 

Peter and I both passed in and out of phases of unconsciousness. The doctors were working on us. I think it was three days after the incident. When I was okay enough to carry on a conversation, Destiny came in. 

"How is Peter?" I asked.

"He's fine now. They'll discharge him tomorrow."

"What happened to the dead vargulf?"

"Pryce took care of it. Hush hush business. I think he put it through a shredder," she laughed. 

"So everything is fine now?"

"Yup, pretty much. Just waiting for you and Peter to get out of bed," Destiny said. 

"And," I started. 

"And?" Destiny cued for me to continue. 

"Roman?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, he's okay now. They discharged him this morning. Nothing to worry about. Also, this whole matter will stay under the covers. Don't worry," Destiny winked as she got up and told me to rest. 

I closed my eyes and sighed. It would be best if I slept instead of wondering. But another knock on the door prevented that. 

Pryce came through. "Ms. Sienna, I never thought we would meet again."

"Our roads a little more connected than I initially thought they would be," I answered. 

"Well, I will be present if anything is needed. Rest well," he said as he nodded and walked out the door. 

Johann Pryce was confusing, like the rest of the people I met in Hemlock Grove. He cared deeply about his work and his profit. But he cleaned up everyone's messes, whether he was involved or not. Most of the time, he does it out of using the mess against the person. And sometimes because even if he wouldn't believe it, there was an ounce of goodness floating somewhere in his body. 

I was discharged the next morning, along with Peter. I went to his cabin. I wanted to hug him, but with all the broken bones and everything else, I decided it was best not to. 

"You certainly look better," Peter said when he looked at me. "None of the ooga booga eyes or blood."

"And you look like you're in greater condition since I last saw you," I said to Peter. 

"Now what?" asked Peter. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, before this fiasco, you were leaving. And I 100% supported that. You had valid reasons. You had every right to storm out. And we were about to. Of course, we need to take some time to get better and everything, but what about afterwards? Are you staying or leaving? Either way, I'll be there for you."

"Peter, I don't know. I really don't. Part of me still wants to abandon this town and every horrible memory associated with it. But I found a family in you and D. I don't want to leave you both. I am confused." 

"Hey, take your time. As I said, no rush. I'll have to keep you for a few weeks, though. Broken bones won't let me do house chores."

"Pfft. As if you did them when you were okay," I rolled my eyes playfully. 

"Let's go. Destiny's probably waiting for us. She insists we need to stay at her place," Peter said. 

"What a sweetheart," I laughed.