Revelations Pt. 1

It was about 3 in the morning when Peter and I barged into Destiny's apartment. Destiny was wide awake and trying to channel something but I sensed she could not get a connection. She swore in frustration as she ran to Peter and me.

"Christina Wendall is very much alive. This is all the details I found- she was in some time of slumber for a time period and slowly began to come back alive. I don't know exactly how it happened, but she's alive. And she is still the vargulf."

"Who's Christina?" I asked.

"She was the vargulf the last time. When the girls got killed? I was sure we saw her die. Sheriff gave her a funeral and everything. She was buried. How did this happen?" Peter closed his eyes in tension.

"How is this connected to Maria Stauffner?" I asked. "Like full story?"

Destiny explained to Peter and me that Maria Stauffner was a part of some cult. We knew that. But her purpose for coming here was to find and kill the vargulf herself. That would earn her something in her cult. She knew the vargulf was here, but she did not expect so many supernatural entities to be here altogether. It threw her on a loop; she became more paranoid and dangerous. She suspected everyone, especially Nadia and me. She thought along with being an upir, I was the vargulf because she didn't realize I was a demon and thought the weird energy I had was the vargulf's.

"But why Nadia?" I asked. "I mean, I understand why I could have been a suspect, but Nadia is a child."

"She was born with a caul too, meaning she was born with evil. Think about it. Everything surrounding her is cursed in some way. Not saying Nadia is bad. She's a child. But we know her. Think of it through Stauffner's view," Destiny explained.

It made sense. The puzzles pieces were sort of fitting together, but there was lots to be done. And as much as all three of us hated to admit it, we needed Roman to fill us in or his secrets and help us with the case of the vargulf.

"Do you think he'll even say yes?" I asked.

"Well, based on the last time, he was the keenest in killing the demon dog. I had tried to step out time and time again," noted Peter.

"Alright then. Call him," Destiny said.

Peter stepped out of Destiny's kitchen and called Roman. I heard mumbling and a huff before Peter came back.

"Okay, he said he'll be here," Peter said. Destiny nodded. She gave Peter and me some orange juice and we headed to Destiny's living room to sit down and wait for Roman.

"I still can't believe the vargulf wasn't dead. Where was she for the last two years? Where did she disappear off to. I don't get it," explained Peter.

Destiny shrugged and everything grew quiet again. There was an unsaid tension lingering in the air but no one spoke of it.

Finally, the doorbell rang. I shut my eyes, for i knew who it was. Peter was the first to get up and open Destiny's front door. In came Roman, carrying a sense of dominance that instantly filled the room. I let out a sigh and collected myself before seeing him again.

"Thought you had left?" Roman said looking down at me.

"If you haven't noticed, Mr. Godfrey, there are things happening here bigger than myself," I answered.

"Alright, you two. Let's move on to the topic of tonight's meeting," Destiny said, trying to push this conversation along. "Here is what I have found out through my abilities- Maria Stauffner had come here to search for the vargulf, so the cult she was in would promote her. She traced large gypsy populations. Then, she found out there was more than one type of supernatural being her. She suspected Nadia and Sienna. She died, burying secrets with her. But she was right. The vargulf is alive. Christina Wendall is alive, Roman!"

Roman's eyes grew wide. A sense of fear washed over him. I sensed it, but it didn't satisfy me at all.

"But she died?" he said.

"That's what we all thought. But D is a 100% sure she's not. The vargulf is alive." Peter said.

"Which is why right now, I need you to fill in the gaps. Roman, explanation now!" Destiny said. "And I want the whole truth this time."

"Right right," Roman said, "I'll tell you."