Truth Comes Out

I was awakened next morning with next morning with banging on the door. I got out of bed and saw Peter standing outside, with only brown pants on. I opened the door and let the tired boy come inside.

"Hey, how did it go?" I asked.

"I don't know. Okay, I guess. But I'm starving."

"Why don't I whip something up. You go take a shower. You'll feel better," I told him. Peter nodded and headed inside.

I cooked Peter two eggs and sausages. A freshly-showered Peter dragged himself out to the kitchen.

"Was it draining this time?"

"Yeah, it was. Way more than usual. I don't, Si. I don't feel well."

"Aww, I'm sorry. After breakfast, rest. And then go sleep."

Peter listened to what I said. What I didn't realize was how much he slept after he turned. It was almost as if he had passed out, but I was told by Destiny that it was normal. He hadn't woken up all Sunday, and even Monday morning when I left for work, he was asleep.

I still cooked him breakfast and left a note for him before I drove to work. On the way to work, I kept thinking of whether I would see Roman. Last time, he was sweet. He kissed me, even if it only lasted a second. But I reminded myself that he wasn't always like this. In fact, he was either emotionless, frustrated, or angry most of the time. If I saw him at work, I guess I would just have to suck it up and act professional again. That's all I could do at this point.

Work went normal that day. I didn't see Roman, which I suppose was a good thing. Pryce was well, Pryce. Co-workers were co-workers. Everything was distant and professional here.

It was times like this when I missed Mom the most. I remember I tried calling her, but she never answered. And with everything going on, I hadn't had a chance to go back and visit in person. My heart sunk by that until Madeleine received a phone call from none other than my mother the Friday of that week. By then, it had been four and a half months since I have seen her. She quickly called me in to tell me. My heart beat with excitement. I hadn't seen my mother in forever. I missed her soothing voice, words of encouragement, gentle hugs, and delicious food. After work, Madeleine and I went out of Hemlock Grove, near a river bank. She said this was the address my mother had told about on the phone.

"Madeleine, are you sure this is the place? It looks sort of deserted," I whispered.

I felt my heart skipping beats in joy. To see Mom again felt unreal. I could not wait to hug her tightly and tell her how much I had missed her.

Madeleine waited outside. "You should see her first," she stated. "I'll stay here until I hear you scream in excitement." I chuckled.

"Sure," I said as I opened the rusty door to get into this wooden house.

"Mom?" I called out, smiling. "Mom? Mother? You can come out now. I'm dying to see you," I said. "Mom?" I called out again. Was she not here? She said she would be.

Maybe it was that I looked up in front the entire time or it wasn't here before but I screamed. Right in a corner of this house was a hideous figure, crouching. Imagine a someone with a horrible skin disuse and open wounds. Cross it over with melting wax. That's what I saw. I saw an emaciated, hideous face, marked with all sorts of boils and infections and what not, and the thing was melting. It was like all the skin and stuff was falling off like wax. It wanted me.

"Sienna," the thing called. My heart stopped, and my body froze. How did it know my name. I gulped and tried to get out of that house, but my feet weren't moving. I kept my eyes fixed on the thing, or person. Whatever it was. I don't know what in this wretched planet happened, but my legs started to move. Towards the figure.