The Attack

I arrived at Roman's house and clicked on the doorbell. Comway answered and I stepped in to see little Nadia playing on the couch.

"He is already gone," Comway answered, noticing I had been looking around for Roman.

"Thank you," I said. Comway nodded and left.

"Hi, sweet girl," I said. Nadia glanced up with her bright blue eyes and looked at me. I smiled and sat beside her, trying to interact with her. Babysitting was fun, especially is the child was as cool and collected as Nadia. Completely unlike her father. Maybe Letha was like this. I wish I could have met her.

An hour and a half passed when suddenly my dozing eyes were startled by noises outside. My heart started racing, and I started to panic. I quickly grabbed Nadia, rest her head on my shoulder, and looked for a place to go. It seemed like whatever was outside was going to break in. The noise intensified and banging began. I swallowed and felt my heart thumping, louder than it has ever thumped. Nadia stayed still. I took my chance and began to ran up the stairs. Comway met us there. Then, Comway and I went into Nadia's secret bedroom and locked the door. Comway, Nadia, and I hid behind her crib, as it was the only furniture there. I tried to catch my breath but it was no use. I could hear loud footsteps made by heavy boots march up the stairs and there was shooting going on. Tears began to stream down my cheeks. I couldn't even call anyone right now, afraid one of the intruders might hear.

Then I heard the footsteps all stop at once on the other side of Nadia's door. There was a moment of silence before more than one person began to pound on the door, trying to break in. I held my breath. Comway did too. The door began to move, as the banging intensified. One last bolt and the door flung open. Comway fainted right then. The poor man. I looked at four figures all dressed in black, with their faces hidden, hands full of ammunition, and feet covered in army boots. I dare not breathe and held Nadia tight but not tight enough that she would scream or let out noise. The men all seemed to look at each other before entering the room.

They tossed the crib aside like it was nothing and looked at me.

"Don't you dare do anything to her!" I screamed as I cried. I held Nadia tightly, as tight as I could. My heart was thumping and sweat poured down the side of my face. One of the men grabbed my hair and made me get up, and another tried to pull Nadia away from me. I kicked and flailed. "I'm not letting you hurt her!" I cried.

Instead of fear, anger worked in me now. Anger that anyone would dare to hurt the poor child. Tears of anger replaced the tears of being scared. I mustered up the very little courage left in me as I looked at one of the four men and imagined in my head that I was beating them all. To death. That I was hurting them and making them pay for even thinking to hurt Nadia. The men's cloth face masks started becoming saturated. They all simultaneously yelled in agony. Then they fell to the ground. I removed one of their masks and saw their faces covered in blood. As if every pore of their face simultaneously squirted blood out. I couldn't figure out what it was or how it worked. All I knew was I had done it, but I did not care at that moment. I looked at Comway, who was still unconscious, and walked out of the room with Nadia and my phone.

Roman's entire house was a mess. But that was fine. Nadia was alive, and that is all I wanted. There were dead killers upstairs. Roman was out. I just killed people. I tried to stay calm and called up Roman. I needed to.

Roman came soon, and immediately took Nadia from me and hugged her tight. All this time, the child hadn't made a noise. But I was grateful she didn't. I smiled seeing her in her father's arms. Roman went upstairs without looking at me with Nadia. He was there for some time. I heard Comway cough. So he had gained consciousness. Thank heavens. I stayed downstairs.

"There's dead people in Nadia's room," Roman commented in a matter-of-fact way.

"I know. They were the ones trying to capture Nadia and kill her. But she's okay now."

"Did you kill them?" asked Roman.

"Yeah," I said silently.

"So you have powers now? And you used your powers in front of them?"

"Listen Roman, I didn't know I could do that. Until a few minutes ago. I didn't know. If I hadn't used them, they would've taken Nadia."

"You're foolish," Roman said.

"What?" I asked, thinking I must have heard it wrong.

"You're foolish," he repeated. "You not only endangered yourself but also Nadia. Those men got to know you had powers before they died. And they saw Nadia. Couldn't you have hidden somewhere else!" Roman's voice got sterner and angrier as he spoke.

"Are you for real? I can't believe you. I thought you would be happy I saved Nadia. Not to sound great because I did it out of love, but the least you could've done is say thank you. Or care, Roman! You are such an entitled man, with absolutely no sense of anything else that goes around you. Let me go from here and don't ever talk to me again." I yelled. "All you do is make me feel bad. Make me feel like everything was my fault. Every single time. When all I did was save Nadia and myself!"

I could see Roman clenching his jaw and gritting his teeth as he suddenly clasped my neck with his hand and led me back and pinned me against a wall. He leaned close and with rage he said, "Don't you dare ever fucking talk to me like that again. Or else next time, you're not leaving this house alive." He then let go and I immediately fell to the ground. My throat stung. He had grasped my neck so hard, I knew there were imprints and his nails had dug into the back of my neck. Hot, angry tears ran down my cheeks and I, in anger, wished that Roman would just fall. I envisioned me going to his kitchen, getting a knife, and mercilessly stabbing him countless times. How could he have treated me so badly when I did good. When I clicked out of the bubble, i was surprised to see Roman on the ground. Had I done this?

An alarmed me ran to the man that just tried to strangle me, He was unconscious. I tapped his cheek several times while calling out his name. "Roman! Wake up!" I started to cry. What have I done. I visioned how that man upstairs looked like after I imagined killing him.

"Roman, I am so, so sorry. I am sorry. Please wake up!" A frightened me called up Peter.

"Peter, this is Sienna. Please come to Roman's house as soon as you can!"

"Woah, what's wrong?" Peter asked.

"No time to explain. Just come quickly," I said firmly. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. I went back to where Roman was lying, cupped some water in my hands, and poured it on Roman. Still no response.

After what seemed like forever, Peter ran into the house. "Oh gosh, what happened?"

I explained everything to Peter. He shook his head. "Have you used your powers before?"

"No! I don't even know I had any until today. Or they work. Or that I caused this. It could be something completely different. Like, has he had enough blood recently?"

"No clue. I haven't seen him in a while," Peter said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you think we should take him to the White Tower?" I asked.

"I mean, I can't really think of anything better to do. Also, then, you could see if Pryce can help you too."

I nodded. It was hard work trying to take someone as tall as Roman to the car, but we managed. I felt so guilty and afraid. Of myself. And of this entire situation.