Chapter 5:Fitz's POV

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy the chapter 😘 Also remember that the story does NOT START HERE, it starts on Leitha's story, so if you haven't read that yet, click here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/128387965-keeper-of-the-lost-cities-and-percy-jackson 

Alright then, let's get this story started! 

I walked over to the Eros table that Annabeth pointed out, waving goodbye to Sophie. Honestly, it wasn't that much of a surprise that she was a child of Athena, considering how much she looked like Annabeth (minus the brown eyes). "Hey guys." I said to the people sitting at the Eros table. "I'm Fitz Vacker, I'm new here." A boy with messy brown hair and green eyes smiled at me. "Hi, I'm Mark Buckly, and over there is Betty Driza. Welcome to the Eros family!" A girl with the same colored brown hair and blue eyes smiled and nodded at me. I sat down and dug into the odd meal that the camp had prepared. 

When finally settled in, I began to think. What had Annabeth meant when she said Sophie and I "may have been thinking about becoming a couple"? Did that mean that Sophie liked me? Not to get my hopes up, but...it could be possible. Stop fantasizing about your love life and start thinking about your new life at Camp Half-Blood! I scolded myself mentally. I still had yet to find a weapon, but I could still practice my fighting skills in the meantime. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. Standing there was Percy, flipping a...what was that?...around in his hand. "Hey dude, how are things going so far? Settling in?" He said, smiling. I nodded, pointing to the object he was still fidgeting with. "What's that?" "Oh, this?" He grinned at me. "This is just, ya know," He uncapped the item and a large sharp sword came out from it. "Riptide." He finished finally, recapping it. "Cool," I said, "But like...whats the object you're...disguising it as?" He stared at me oddly for a second, then burst out into laughter. "Sorry," He panted once he recollected himself. "I forgot you were an elf before this." "Whoa, dude!" Mark piped up from behind me, "You're an elf? Aren't you supposed to have, you know, pointy ears and be like, super tiny?" I glared at him. "No. Elves get pointy ears after living about a century or so, and by then, you really don't care whether your ears are pointy or not. And obviously, we are not super tiny." If possible, Mark's eyes widened from its already very widened state. His eyes would have popped out by now if it were possible (hey, who knows? Maybe it is possible...in another fictional world XD). "You can live a century?! How old do elves get before they die?" I shrugged. "No elf has died from old age yet." Mark looked like he was about to explode from possible shock  or excitement, and opened his mouth to ask another question, but Percy cut him off. "Leave the guy alone, he just got here." He turned back to me and pointed back to the slim, smooth object. "This is a pen. You can write stuff with it, you know? Kind of like a quill, you know." I rolled my eyes mockingly. "Bold of you to assume elves use quills." Percy's expression grew regretful as I struggled to keep a straight face. I finally burst out in laughter. "Actually, we do use quills, I was just joking." (Do elves actually use quills? I can't seem to figure out what they write with...so quills it is! Comment if you know) Percy groaned and rolled his eyes, punching me playfully. "Ugh, I thought I upset the grand Wonderboy." 

I stopped laughing and groaned. "Great, you've talked to Keefe. Or Dex. Or maybe Tam, although I've never heard him call me Wonderboy." Percy smirked. "Well, it's better than some of the nicknames people get around here." I wonder if he has a bad nickname experience. I thought to myself. "SEAWEED BRAIN!" A voice yelled from the distance, and I laughed inwardly to myself. I guess he does.  "Yeah, Wise Girl?" He yelled back. "THERE'S A SPIDER UNDERNEATH THE ATHENA TABLE!!!" The high-pitched voice shrieked again. "A...spider?" I asked hesitantly, because based on what it seemed like the camp had conquered, a spider didn't seem like much. "Oh, yeah." Percy said, rolling his eyes, but smiling. "The Athena kids all have a fear of spiders because of what happened to Athena. Really, it's not a big deal to most of us, and I'm regularly called to kill many spiders. Wanna head up and check it out with me?" I nodded, realizing Sophie would be there.  We walked over to the chaotic table, where all the kids were either 1)screaming 2) screaming, or 3)screaming. One kid was close to tears, and another was calling for Chiron, a guy who seemed to be the leader of the place. 

I walked over to Sophie, who was standing off to the side, watching her cabin scream. I walked on over to stand by her. "Hey." I said, walking over to lean on a nearby tree, smiling at her. She jumped, then blushed. "Oh, hey." She said awkwardly, although I wasn't sure why. "You're not also freaked out by the spider?" I grinned down at her, which seemed to make her blush more. "No, after facing the Neverseen and everything, I don't know why a spider is a big deal." Annabeth walked over and grimaced. "I'm not sure whether to tell you why, because it's best that you're not afraid of spiders, but then again, I'm not sure that you shouldn't know because maybe it's best if you do." 

Sophie paused, then replied "I think I can handle it.". Annabeth shook her head.  "I've been through Tartarus, and spiders still  freak me out." Annabeth's face clouded over as she said "Tartarus". "What's Tartar-" I began, but Sophie cut me off. "I've faced the Neverseen and gotten tortured. I think I can handle it."  Annabeth sighed. "If you insist. Arachne is after all of Athena's children, and she could be hiding as a regular spider anywhere. You having seemed to know about demigods, I'm pretty sure you know the tale." I didn't expect Sophie to suddenly become completely pale and scared of spiders, but I was still relieved when she didn't. "I know of the legend, but what worse can Arachne do to me than the Neverseen?" Annabeth tilted her head at Sophie. "You're...different." She quickly added, "Not in a bad way different, just...different." "So...Athena kids all have to be afraid of spiders?" I asked. Annabeth was still studying Sophie like she was a new hybrid of some sort. "No, I guess not. In a way, that's a good thing that you're not afraid. Now, we need to head back to our cabins." She pointed to the other kids, who were all  throwing out their uneaten food and heading away. "Ok. See you, Fitz." Said Sophie, waving at me. I smiled at her and waved back. "See you, Sophie." She blushed again, and yet again I wondered why (oh Fitzipoo, i think I know why XD). I followed Mark and Betty back to the Eros  cabin, wondering what other things the world had in store for me today. 

Did you like it? I hope you did :) Remember to check out @TabbyR_TabbyL 's original story because if you haven't I'm honestly wondering why not by this point. 

Huge shout-out to @Halfbloodkeeper because she has been honestly AMAZING and inspired me to write my first ever fanfiction! Lots of love ❤️ 

And thank you for even stopping by to read this, because it means a lot as this is my first fanfiction! Please no negativity in the comments!  

And guys, please vote on what ship you want for this story-Dexiana, or Tiana, cause I honestly can't decide!!! I may do a Dex or Biana POV if you guys want. 

Thanks so much for reading! Bye! 😘

-Naomi