Chapter 18: A Birthday Scar

Start from the beginning

Epic nods and runs off to join Cross. Dust looks at me and grins. I grin back. We both knew what we were thinking. Get dunked on.

I decide to try to go to my anti-void. I open a gateway there and step through. I use my strings to search for any hiding gang members or Ink's bro but thankfully did not. I begin to twist and fold my strings across the anti-void, forming unescapeable trabs for any who enters without me knowing. My fingers will get a tug as soon as someone gets caught, alerting me of the intrusion. I smile proudly of myself. I get into my usual string hammock and nap.

When I awoke, there was still no engaged traps. I begin to look through my puppets and decide to finally destroy any lingering souls I had tied up in this anti-void. Blue does stuff like this all the time, though not with souls. He says it's known as spring cleaning, though often it isn't even spring. Besides, I'm not destroying entire AUs, just cleaning out my anti-void. Once I was done, I took the Ink puppet out and gaze at it. As usual, I couldn't tell if a lot of time has passed or not. But all that came to mind was Ink. I hoped he was well. I hoped he was happy or having fun or at least safe with whatever was going on for him, wherever he was. Whatever he was doing, I hoped the best for him. I sigh, these thoughts were repeating in my head. I'm being stupid thinking about him. I know I have feelings for him but come on! I can't be thinking of him all the time like that! I'll lose my mind and get nowhere then! Quick, watch some UnderNovela!

I quickly open a view to UnderNovela. I watch it and feel all my thoughts or worries drain away. I enjoy this. But then, I felt the tug on one of my fingers. Someone has come. And based on the tugging, they were struggling in the trap. I smile, glad the trap worked. Nobody's catching me off-guard! I shut my view of UnderNovela and let my strings lead me to the trap.

At first, I was surprised by who I found. But then that feeling quickly melted away as I was filled with joy. I chuckled at watching him struggle in my strings.

"Ya sEem a lItTle tIeD uP theRe, sHoRtIe!"I tease

"Shut up! How was I supposed to know you set string traps up?"He replies

It was Ink.

"HeH, oK, y0u gOt a pOiNt, sHorTiE. I'm juSt gLad iT's yOu aNd nOt sOme iDiOt oF thE gAnG. GiVe Me a sEc t0 reLeAse yOu, InkY."I chuckle

"I told you to stop calling me shortie! Did you forget what happened a few months ago? Cause I haven't! You didn't like being called shortie either!"Ink stubbornly tells me

"W0aH, tHaT mUcH tImE hAs PaSsEd AlReAdY? WoW. TrUe, bUt thEn aGain....It's aLwAyS enTerTaInInG tO sEe yOur rEacTiON!"I say, releasing him from my strings

I notice a crack around one of Ink's eyeholes. It kinda looked like Epic's cut by his, which was strange. Except, Ink's was deeper and went upward, ending at where the top of his skull begins. It was like a slash mark. It seemed fresh, too, but Ink hardly seemed to notice besides the fact that he kept that eye closed. I come close to him and lean forward to examine it further. His face went rainbow quickly and he gazed back at me confusedly, his one shown eye-light a question mark. I place my hand softly and hesitantly on his face. The bright rainbow blush on his face intensified.

 The bright rainbow blush on his face intensified