• Driving Shenanigans (Off The Wall Era) •

Start from the beginning

"Gas, vibrate, brake, got i- WOOHOOO!" Michael began, doing everything you told him, before shooting off forwards, the car sporadically lurching forwards over and over again.

"I SAID A LITTLE GAS, MICHAEL!" you squealed, clutching onto your seat and the window handle for your life, feeling as though you were on a speedboat during a terrible storm. The car continued to lurch forwards unsettlingly, making the most horrific sound you'd ever heard come out of a car.

"Oop! Don't worry I won't crash into the bu-" Michael began, before driving into a large bush just 30 ft away from the front door. In a panic, he turned the wheel fully to the left, the vehicle slowly moving progressively further away from the plant, while the leaves squeaked against the windows.

Michael turned to you with a sheepish smile before the engine strained uncontrollably and the car cut out, still halfway into the bush. A series of loud sounds came from behind the car and you both turned in a panic, all-too-sure that Michael had knocked something- or even someone- over, but soon saw it was only Marlon giving you both an enthusiastic round of applause.

"I think I'm getting it!" Michael turned back to you with a confident smile, which you weakly mirrored before resting your forehead in the palm of your hand.

---

"And we have arrived, m'lady! Dunkin Donu-"

"-Watch the CURB Michael!" you squeal, leaning over in a flash and grabbing the steering wheel, turning it harshly away from you before your tires could get scratched up for the upteenth time in the past hour. You looked out the window at the, thankfully, empty parking lot, to see Michael's haphazard, diagonal parking between the white lines.

With a small sigh, you turned back towards Michael, who was biting his lip shyly and looking up at you through his eyelashes. You gave him a small smile before grabbing one of his large hands in both of yours.

"Look, honey, I love you, okay? But this experience was-"

"-I know, I know Y/N, Marlon was right- I can't drive..." Michael sighed, resting his head back against the headrest and closing his eyes in defeat.

"You can drive- I mean, you may not be as...natural at driving as you are at dancing," the sound of a small giggle from Michael made a smile begin to spread across your face.

"But I think this might have been a step too far, love" you smiled up at him and, soon enough, the pair of you were in full-blown hysterics.

"M-my favourite part was w-when you stalled at the lights and it t-took you two light c-changes to move the c-car again! E-everyone was furious!" you managed to stammer out between laughs, tears pouring down your face as Michael howled with laughter at the memory.

"O-Or how about when I thought th-the brake was the c-clutch, so I was on the gas a-and brake at the s-same time!" Michael stuttered, slapping his knee as he bent over in hysterics.

"S-Stop! I'm gonna pee myself!" you squealed with laughter, covering your eyes.

Eventually, the laughter emitted from the pair of you died down to softer giggles and you looked over at Michael, fondly shaking your head, your beaming smile mirrored on his own face.

"Well, you brought me to a place that sells donuts, so you could have done worse" you grinned. Michael did so too, chewing his bottom lip, eliciting a sure blush that rose to your cheeks, "W-why are you looking at me like that?"

It was Michael's turn to shake his head fondly, looking back into your eyes with a more thoughtful, loving smile now plastered on his face.

"Nothing, I just love laughing with you and... and I love these moments with you" he said in a soft, thoughtful tone, a dreamy look in his deep brown eyes.

"And I love you...just not so much when you're driving my car" you began sincerely and then giggled as you inched your face closer to his and pressed a quick kiss on his soft lips. Michael grabbed the back of your head, determined to make the kiss last, which made you both smile into the kiss before pulling apart for air.

"Just promise me one thing" Michael grinned, his voice playfully hushed as he tapped your nose gently.

"Anything..." you giggled, scrunching your nose up a little at the feeling of Michael's fingertip booping your nose, which only made him think about how adorable you were. You raised your eyebrows playfully, waiting for him to finish.

"Promise me you'll never tell Marlon how bad I did" he giggled, which of course made you do the same.

"Deal, as long as you never drive my car again" you laughed and now it was your turn to boop his perfect nose. He let out a breathy laugh and grabbed your hand gently in his own.

"Deal"

---

A/N: I thought I'd post a more lighthearted, funny imagine today after my last post which was kinda heavy and depressing. This is actually one of my favourite pieces I've written! I love writing more comedic-style imagines and, in general, I always find people trying to drive manual hilarious, so you know I couldn't resist writing this, considering how notorious Michael was with driving! Also, shout out to Marlon, my favourite Jackson brother after Michael- I loved capturing his character in this piece, and hope I did a good job! Hope you all enjoyed this one, I have another fun/romantic imagine coming really soon! <3