• Driving Shenanigans (Off The Wall Era) •

Start from the beginning

"With Bill being away, I'm trying to drive everywhere I can in the next two weeks- ya know, to get some practice on the road-"

"-Which he definitely needs" Marlon inaudibly interjected, his mouth full to the brim, resulting in toast crumbs being sprayed everywhere. Michael didn't even bother to protest, and simply continued.

"And seeing as my car is...not exactly driveable right now..." You held back a laugh, smiling sympathetically up at your boyfriend as you waited for him to finish.

"I thought maybe I could drive with...you?"

"Oh, um, sure! How come you waited for me to get here, though? I mean, between you and all of your brothers, you must have half a dozen cars here!" you responded, a feeling of trepidation coming over you as you saw a smile spread across Marlon's face, over Michael's shoulder.

"Girl, as soon as we saw Mike crash into the garage, everybody scrammed! Only reason I'm here is because my car's in the shop, so there's no way he can tear it up" Marlon intervened once more, soon beginning to laugh uncontrollably when Michael sent him a death glare.

"I can drive, Marlon" he humphed, although even he himself wasn't 100% convinced by his own words. The brothers both looked at you expectantly, awaiting a response.

"I-I, uh...okay?" you squeaked out.

You couldn't help looking back over your shoulder at your freshly cleaned, blue Nissan, which you had worked so hard to pay off. Upon turning back around, you couldn't resist the excited expression on Michael's face and smiled back up at him before remembering one vital detail.

"You do know that my car is a manual, right?" you reminded him, cautiously.

"Of course! I remember you telling me!"

"And would I be right in saying that you've never driven a manual before?"

The slowly growing smirk on Marlon's face told you all you needed to know, and Michael could practically see you mentally face-palming.

"Psshht, Y/N- I've got articulate, sensitive dancer's feet! If anyone can drive stick-shift, it's me!" Michael reassured, excitedly taking the keys that were already in your hand and skipping off towards your car.

"Oh, this just got good" Marlon's voice turned your attention back to the doorway and, from the sly smile on his face, as well as the fact that he was rubbing his hands together like a Disney villain, you were already beginning to regret your decision.

---

"Y/N, do you want me to buy you a new car? I think this one is broken..."

It hadn't even been ten minutes since you entrusted your life, and your car, with Michael, and eleven stalls later, he still had yet to move the car from the spot you had originally parked it in.

"Michael, I told you a million times! You can't just let the clutch out whenever it suits you! You have to hold it at its sweet spot for a few seconds after you start rolling!" you exclaimed, already beginning to lose your patience.

"But what if I'm in a hurry? You mean I can't just step on the gas and go?" Michael quizzed, his eyes wide and confused.

"No! It doesn't work that way!"

Out of the rear-view mirror, you could see Marlon sat on the front doorstep with a bucket of popcorn, howling with laughter. You rolled your eyes and turned your attention back to Michael, taking a deep breath.

"Okay, just switch the car on and try again. But this time, give it the tiniest bit of gas once you feel the car vibrate, and then let off the emergency brake" you instructed with as much patience as you could muster.