•belsh•

I know this ain't how hospitals work and I know your birthday probably isn't the 23rd of December but mine is so get over it.

"I don't know, I will check out the back, follow me please." The young lady said, standing up from her office chair. Will and I looked at each other as the lady walked out of the reception room and into the hallway behind her. Will and I followed her, the smell of strong chemicals flowing through the room. The walls were white, almost exactly like the operation room from the lab.

As we follow the women into a document room, she closes the door behind us. The room was a little darker than the rest of the building, the walls weren't painted white. It was a big room though, shelves as high as the ceiling, filled with boxes of documentations.

She looked around the room, her back to us.

"So what is the surname again?" She asked.

"We don't know, we only know the first name and date of birth," Will responded.

She turned around and placed her hands in front of her.

"What is the name and date of birth?"

"Y/N, 23rd of December 1971," I said, eager to know who my family is. She nodded and walked down, deeper into the room. She stopped at a shelf and pulled out a cardboard box. She put the box onto the ground and bends over as she looks through the documents. Will and I watch as she looks at every folder in the box.

She gasps as she pulls out paperwork from the box and reads it out loud for us.

"Y/N Belsh. Mother is Kate Belsh, Father is David Belsh. Y/N is born on the 23rd of December 1971. All the information in on here." She said handing me the folder of documents. "Follow me please."

She walked out of the room and locked the door behind her. As we walked back into the reception room, she got onto her computer and printed off a sheet. She pushes the freshly printed sheet onto the table and made Will and I sign it.

It was a form, letting the hospital know that we have the forms. We put down the home phone, address and our names and I could finally say that I am Y/N Belsh. We smiled at the young woman as we walked out fo the hospital.

Jonathan was still waiting out the front, reading a book. We get into the car and Jonathan looks at me through the review mirror,

"So who are you?"

"Belsh, Y/N Belsh."

­­­­___________

"13 Green Street. She is in the lounge room, watching TV." El said, a drop of blood pouring out her nose. She was holding onto a photo of my mom and me when I was a baby and she was telling us where we could find her.

She took the blindfold off her face and wiped the blood with her sleeve. I smiled at her and stood up ready to go to the address that we were told.

Joyce takes El home and Will and me to the address, 13 Green Street. The house was nice, simple and modern. It had a small garden out the front and it was surrounded by a white fence. Will and I walk down the footpath to the front door and I softly knock on the wooden door.

We wait a few seconds until a woman opens the door and the smile from her face faded away. A long piece of brown hair fell into her eyes but she placed it behind her ear as she softly whispered,

"Y/N?"