Chapter 2

*3:15pm* 

"Good I'm on time."

I climb into the front seat of my car and make my way into town.

I walk into the mall and to my left is the shop Suits for Men, well isn't this convenient?

I go into the store and look around. The suits are really nice and the pricing is exactly how I thought it would be. Making my way over to the counter, I start looking at the gift cards. 

"Good afternoon ma'am, do you need help with anything today?" She asks politely. 

"Yes please, I would like to purchase a giftcard for my husband. Which one would you recommend?" 

"Well, right now we're having a summer sale until the end of August, so I would suggest the $1000 gift card which would get your husband two or three suits" 

I was thinking she'd say that so I already have that in mind. I'm so glad I received a good pay last month because I could put over $1000 into my savings account.

"Oh okay, can I but the $1000 dollar gift card please?"

"Sure and thank you for shopping at Suits for Men, come back anytime." She says handing the receipt to me.

***

Driving home at about 4:00pm with the cologne and the gift card in a nice little bag on the passenger seat is a good feeling. I have about two and a half hours to get ready so I'm feeling great.

David isn't home when I arrive so I quickly make my way up stairs. After a few minutes I am showered and have a pretty dress picked out for tonight.

While in my bathrobe I walk around the bedroom looking for some accessories to go with my dress, I find the perfect things; a pearl necklace and matching studs.

These will complement my black dress very well.

Next the shoes. I walk into the wardrobe and find some black glossy heels which are comfortable and classy.

While walking downstairs, I notice David walking through the front door.

"Hi honey, why are you in your bathrobe?" He asks before placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"Oh I just finished picking out what I'm going to wear and haven't put it on yet." I smile.

"I'm just going to have a shower so get ready we have to leave in an hour" he smiles back.

We both jog up stairs and go in seperate directions. Him in the direction of the shower and I toward my dresser, I don't do much with my make up just some tinted moisturizer, mascara and ruby red lipstick to go with my coat. My eyebrows are naturally dark so I don't need to worry about filling them in.

I have everything on but I can't get my zipper up. Just as im about to get in an awkward position to zip up my dress, David walks out of the bathroom.

"Perfect timing" I say with relief .

"Can you zip me up please?" He does as I ask and places a kiss on the back of my neck giving me butterflies.

Not long after, we're driving to the restaurant.

***

"Reservations for David Seymour" 

"Yes sir, right this way sir" Says the concierge directing us to our table. 

We are seated at the table when a waiter comes over .

"Here are your menu's for tonight, before I leave would you like any wine?" He asks 

"Your finest red wine thank you" David replies with a polite smile. 

While he's replying, I give him a concerned look and he just gives me a reassuring smile as the waiter leaves. 

"David you know this place is expensive and when the place is expensive, the wine is expensive." I say in an annoyed tone. 

"Baby, relax I got a bonus pay on Monday so I can afford it and plus I just want my beautiful wife to have the best" he says making my heart melt.

He has a way with words that can make you do or forget about anything. Oh how I love him.

The waiter returns with the wine and we place our order. I order lobster with a garden salad and a side of curly fries. My husband orders a steak with mashed potatoes and a garden salad. 

The food is immaculate and the wine is divine.

After the main course they give us the dessert menu. We skipped the entree's, no one had room fir that much food. Unless you wanna waste money.

I order a lemon and caramel tart with whipped cream for dessert and David orders creme brulee. While we're waiting for our dessert we decide to give our presents to each other.

David opens his gift first, he loves it and I'm so glad that he does. I then open mine, he bought me a 14 carat gold locket necklace with a photograph of my parents on one side and him on the other. My eyes begin to water.

"Hon please don't cry, it's okay" David says with a sad look on his face.

"They're not sad tears, they're tears of joy"

He lets out a sigh of relief and fixes his tie.

***

"Tonight was very lovely honey, thank you" I say kissing his lips tenderly.

"You deserve it, my love" he replies and with that I fall asleep, a smile on my lips.