Chapter 24

Lucy's POV

Have you ever felt like you couldn't move? Like every fibre in your body was frozen solid and if you tried to move, it would hurt like crazy? Have you ever felt that if you were to breath, your heart would just burst into a million peices? What about feeling as if you were on the verge of death? No? well I am currently feeling this and it is constantly hitting me in tidal waves.

When David left I couldn't move. I couldn't even talk to him. As much as I wanted to run after him and fight for him, I couldn't. It was like my brain had stopped functioning and my body couldn't do anything. So I just stood in the spot David left me in, for three hours. Frozen. 

Every time I force myself to breathe a short breath, a tear slips out of my eyes. The tears slide down my cheeks, burning every cell that make up my face and neck. My hot tears feel as though they are melting me, not only on the outside but on the inside too.

I finally snap out of my frozen haze and make my way ever so slowly upstairs and to the bathroom. Shrugging my clothes off, I quickly turn the shower on. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and can't help but go back to it. I look over my body and feel disgust wash over me. Now I know why David left me, who would ever love something so hideous?

A single tear escapes my left eye and I leave my revolting reflection as I turn to get in the shower. The shower's heat is scalding but I simply just stand there, praying I come out looking like Miranda Kerr or someone else as beautiful. 

I scrub at my skin harshly and continue to do so when my forearm starts to bleed. Great. Just fucking great. I quickly run out of the shower and over to the first aid kit, almost slipping in the process. I patch it all up and decide it's time to get dressed and go to bed. Turning off the shower, I walk into my bedroom and over to my dresser wrapped in my towel.

I throw on a some underwear and a t-shirt and jump into bed. The blankets envelope me and my body starts to hum at the warmth. It feels so comforting. I feel safe under these covers. Just as I go to fall into a peaceful sleep, my mind races to the thought that I am completely and utterly alone.

My body soon becomes cold and starts to shiver. So much so, that it feels like i'm having an epileptic seizure. Come to think of it, I had a couple seizures when I was younger... It couldn't possibly be one of those could it? Could my day get any worse?

After about half an hour of my supposed seizure, I find myself panting like I'd just ran a marathon. My brain feels empty and my heart hurts. Maybe I should call someone? Oh wait. There is no one to call.

I lean over to my bedside drawer and pull open the bottom one. It still has David's things in it. Tears spring into my eyes but I force them back. I will not cry again. After a second of calming down, I notice a brown pill container. Where did this come from? Scanning it with my eyes I read: Warning. Only take when needed. Do not take more than ONE pill. Prescribed sleeping pills for Mr Seymour.

When the hell did he get these? And why wouldn't he tell me? I study the container and it's contents, fascinated by this little capsule that helps people sleep. Maybe I should take one. Yeah, that sounds good, at least I'll be able to sleep.

Without a second thought I down a pill and place the container back in the drawer. I make myself comfortable and within a few minutes I am out like a light. Finally.

***

12:32pm the next day

I look over at the digital clock on the drawer and my eyes almost fall out of their sockets. I slept until 12:32pm? Rubbing my eyes and slapping my face a couples times to "wake me up", I am still amazed at the time currently on the clock. I grab my phone and check if the times are the same. They are. What the hell? I can't believe I slept that long? I missed a day at work.

I quickly text my boss saying "Sorry I didn't come in today, I was really sick." Lies, lies and more lies.

I curse David for doing this to me. Why on earth would he put me through so much trouble? Did I do something wrong? I must have. I must have pushed him to this point and now he's finally had the guts to leave. It's all my fault and there's nothing I can do about it.

***

Davids POV (yesterday)

"You're... leaving?" Lucy squeaks

"Yes Lucy, that's what you want right? And quite frankly that's what I want too. I was only trying to make a last ditch effort to see if our marriage was worth saving but it's not. I want a divorce. I'll send you the papers when I get them" I was hurt that Lucy wasn't trying hard enough, but what can I say? I lead her to this point I guess.

I stand there for a few seconds just staring at her then grab my bags and head out the door, attempting to slam it whilst walking out. Is she going to follow me? Beg for me not to leave? Promise to work harder at keeping our marriage alive? These thoughts are clouding my mind while I'm putting my bags in the car.

My heart is hit by a pang of guilt and hurt when I don't see any movement coming from inside the house. Is she really letting me leave? I thought she loved me. I guess I was wrong.

Forcing the lump in my throat back down to where it came from, I get into my car. I put my seatbelt on, turn the car on and race down the street infuriated at my soon to be ex-wife. How could she not do anything? I am leaving her and she just stays in the fucking house doing nothing? I'm glad I left her.

Emily is much better for me. She is everything Lucy is not, and is carrying my baby. Lucy couldn't even do that. She's useless and would've been an unfit mother. She doesn't deserve to be loved especially now she is an emotionless cow.

A/N

ALOHA EVERYBODY!!! Again sorry for the terrible updates. Teachers are just piling the work on us... very inconsiderate of them. Anywho, how did you guys like the chapter? What is Lucy up to? And David... How could he be so rude? I allow each and every one of you to punch him in the face, with hopes of breaking his nose :D Also what do you guys think will happen next with both of them? Also thank you ALL for continuing to read this horrible book and voting for it. It's honestly insane! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Oh and sorry if there are any grama issues. P.S I said Aloha in the beginning because we're going on a family trip to Hawaii in July and I'm really excited!!!! From NZ's freezing winter to Hawaii's scorching summer! We just paid it off today! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Oh and any of you that have been there, How was your trip? I would love to hear about them :)

Bye bye xxx