1.13

25...

He got the last number.

[Host, what to do?!]

"It's alright."

Getting the first or last number won't make that much of a difference regardless. He's mute, he can't express himself the way Daina can. It's better to show than tell anyway.

Reign wasn't given a chance to observe his baby's expression well probably because he still needs to act dignified and unbiased but he's not worried at all!

"Huh! Do all these degenerates think they stand a chance against my baby boy? Pathetic!"

With Reign's stern and upstanding look, no one would guess that he's actually thinking of such things!

After everyone got their numbers, the judges started roaming around the area. The first six contestants explained their concepts using technical terms while Daina didn't follow the usual path.

When she showed the judges her painting, she didn't immediately talk. She let them first feel the heavy emotions she poured in her artwork.

An orphanage base on her real-life origin was beautifully painted. A cute little girl was standing in front of the orphanage's gate, with a face of grief. She was not crying and yet, her palm-size face looked completely devastated.

"The idea behind this painting..." after a dramatic pause, her lips curved in a melancholic smile, "was my life in the orphanage I grew up. "

Naturally, the students present heard it clearly. Even Madison and Chloe's eyes widened.

The judges gasped.

But Reign shamelessly didn't look like he cares. Matthew heard it too, though he couldn't care less as well since he's eating so vigorously.

"My parents died when I was a kid. I was so young and I didn't even know how I managed to survive up until now. "

[It's because of your rich adoptive family, stupid woman! You didn't go through any hardships at all after being adopted!(ง ˙罒˙)ว )д*)!! ]

"I... I wasn't that good at painting, " while holding the small microphone, she held back her seemingly shaking voice, "A-after being adopted to the Lopez family, I worked hard just to make them proud. I owe everything I have to them, even if I don't win, I'll still be grateful to be able to participate. I..."

The Lopez family is actually already trying to publicize Daina's adoption since making it look like they're deliberately hiding it will only result in unnecessary issues.

They just haven't found the right timing yet.

What Daina did is fine. She's sure that her family would even thank her for disclosing it herself.

"I was so exhilarated when I won last year. My adoptive family was so proud. Even if I don't succeed today, I'll still be extremely pleased. I'm honored to be able to compete again. Thank you."

There's only silence.

Then one by one, the audience started clapping.

"Such an inspiring story!"

"A truly brave woman!"

"Poor child."

[ ( ಠ ಠ ) ]

"..."

[(۳˚Д˚)۳]

"Calm down, Pochi."