1.11

Daina is a scheming woman.

After investigating about her beloved brother, she managed to talk to Scarlette.

Well, a few days after visiting the orphanage, she was able to hire a detective from a renowned company.  The orphanage gave her a copy of Engel's adoption papers that's why she can easily provide clues to the newly hired detective.

She told him to find the whereabouts of Scarlette, the supposedly adoptive guardian of her brother.

What happened? 

Why was Engel with Reign?

How did they know each other?

Why is he still well?

With a half-mask on, covering her nose down, she elegantly walked towards the VIP room of the brothel, waiting for Scarlette.

Daina heard the door opened, she quickly straightened her posture.

Scarlette is a mature and voluptuous woman. Despite her age, she still looks seductive enough.

Daina felt slightly insecure since her figure is a tad inferior against Scarlette's. She hates it when someone is better than her. But she held back her grunt.

Her brother is prettier, has a body more slender than her, has--ugh!

Nevermind!

They talked about the boy escapee.

At first, the older woman seemed muddle-headed but later, she remembered! There's this mute boy, Engel!

Scarlette wanted Engel. He was both delicate and beautiful. A great addition to her collection of service boys. But when Engel escaped, suddenly, she didn't feel like wanting him anymore. She even forgot to look for him.

Why?

Because in the original plot, Engel wasn't able to escape. Scarlette didn't need to chase after him. She just continued on selling him to the brothel's customers for a year before the poor youth died.

The plot is fixing itself.

Or maybe, there's someone interfering with the plot. Making it easier for Avery.

Who could that be though?

"Yes, that boy!" the 36-year-old woman exclaimed.

Daina, with a thin mask covering her face, smiled, "Yes, he escaped and managed to climb the bed of someone from a wealthy and powerful family but don't worry, I can back you up. "

Scarlette hesitated.

It's true that she truly wanted the boy but she won't risk her business. She doesn't want to face a powerful family.

Daina noticed her hesitation, her smile almost vanished but she composed herself. Confidently stating, "I can really back you up! "

The older woman looked at the younger one incredulously.

"Bah!  This girl looks so sheltered, how can she even--"

"Do you know the Lopez family? "

Mentioning her adoptive family was her last card. And as expected, Scarlette's eyes widened.

The Lopez family is one of the most renowned families in their city. Of course, the older woman must have heard of them.

Daina put off her mask and smirked.

Scarlette agreed to Daina's plan to take the boy away but she wanted to ask a question.

"Why are you so adamant to..." she purposely didn't finish her sentence. What's her relationship with the boy?  Engel's an orphan, is she a relative?