Chapter 3.

PAISLEYS POV:

I stay on the floor in silence, waiting for the boys to come back. I can hear muffled voices, but no crying or yelling so it can't be anything too bad. I'm almost falling asleep when the boys finally walk back in.

"Well?" I ask.

"Well, we have some good news and some bad news." chris announces.

"Good news first."

Ethan looks at Chris and I can almost see the excitement bubbling up inside him. He looks beside himself with happiness and it's really good to know he's so happy for once.

"We just got offered a recording contract with Sony." Ethan blurts out.

"What!? Oh my god!" I squeal.

"I know! But there's bad news..."

"We would be touring.." Ethan trails off.

"And we wouldn't be able to bring you. Or grace." Chris adds.

"Oh," is all I can say, but I'm happy for them, this is their time.

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go home now." Chris says suddenly, standing up.

"Alright, see you tomorrow, mate." Ethan says.

"See ya." I say as Chris walks out the room.

"You know, I don't even have to do it if you don't want me to." Ethan turns to me.

"I can't believe you just said that. There's no way you're passing this up, this is your dream. If I was holding you back from your dreams, I would never forgive myself."

"But I would be away from you for months at a time." Ethan says.

"Then it will be even more special when we are together. It won't be forever." I assure him.

"But there will be other girls, girls throwing themselves at me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone is better than you, because not a single girl is, but people will go to desperate measures for me. I will need to hug girls, some girls may even try to kiss me. I don't want that to bother you. I don't want you to go through that again." Ethan persists.

"It's okay. Here's the thing; There's nothing wrong with you hugging a girl, what's wrong is the feeling that's attached."

"But I'll miss you so much." Ethan says.

"I'll miss you too, but it will be worthwhile. And I'll come to as many of your shows I can," I promise him. "I'll be with you every step of the way." I add.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"100% positive."

"This is what I've always wanted to do.." He considers.

"Do it."

"Okay, I'll do it." Ethan confirms, walking out the room to make the phone call.

I sound so selfish, but I sort of hope Ethan doesn't go through with it. When I'm getting cyber bullied, bashed, whatever, I always cover up the marks and go to Ethan, making a lame excuse for a hug. If he's not here, I don't know what I'll turn to, but the only alternative I can think of is a bad idea. A very bad idea, I'm not going to get to that. I will miss him so much, but as I said earlier, this is his dream. His dream is my dream. It won't be forever, just for a year, maybe less.

"All done." Ethan says, walking back into the room.

"Awesome," I say, fake smiling at him. I do it so often now that he can't tell the difference anymore. "You're going to do fine."

I should probably explain. There's Chelsea and Rihanna, they don't like me very much. I really don't know what I've done besides be with Ethan. I thought that the person who kept texting me was one of them, but it's not. They take every opportunity they possibly can, making my life hell. They push and shove me in the hallway, write mean notes and pass them to me in class, they've pulled me out the way by my hair, kicked me to the ground and stomped on me and one time Chelsea 'accidentally' shoved me into a bench in PE, knocking me out. There's a list a mile long, but we don't have time to go through it all.I try to stay strong, though. The bruises they leave I just cover up or make an excuse for. Like on Friday when Chelsea got her year twelve boyfriend to punch me in the eye, I got a bruise. I covered it with my hair but Saturday morning I ran into a doorframe on purpose to make it look like it was from that. I don't even understand why year ten's date year twelve's, anyway.I want my old life back, my old life with my life long friends, my old life without all of this bullying, I would prefer Bailey over all of this any day. And that's saying something. I usually get targeted walking to French, that's when I have to walk alone. I try to stick to the halls with all the teachers in them, but they always seem to find me. I would tell a teacher, but I'm 15, almost 16, we don't tell on each other. I just want a life where I can be myself and not get bashed up for it. I want a life where people can accept that I'm with Ethan and he loves me, not them.

I haven't told Ethan because I don't want him to worry. It's not his problem, it's mine and I'm not going to give him any unneeded stress. Ethan is pretty much the only reason I haven't gone back to my old life to live with Christina or something. I told Christina what was happening, we tell each other everything, and she offered for me to stay with her.I don't think I could live without Ethan for that long, that's why I won't like it at all when both he and Chris aren't at school for me to hide around.