Chapter 101.

I also think the photo at the top of this chapter is on point.

Okay bye.

PAISLEYS POV:

As the plane lands, I relax back in my seat. There is an elderly lady seated next to me, but we haven't talked much. The seatbelt sign flickers off, so I undo it and stand up. I grab my stuff and lean against the arm rest until we are able to get off. As I walk up the ramp, i instantly spot my cousins. I'm not sure why they aren't models to be honest. Khloe is tall and tanned with beautiful blue eyes and the most perfect dirty blonde hair. Anna is almost the same, except she's got brown eyes. They are sisters, but Khloe is the oldest. She is 18 and Anna is 17.

"Paisley!" they squeal when I get to the top. They pull me in for a big group hug, then we decide to get out of the way and go and collect my luggage. My suitcase was one of the first around the carousel, so we manage to get out before the big rush.

"So, what brings you here alone?" Anna asks.

"I'll explain in the car." I sigh, buying time to think about it. Once we find the car, I squeeze my suitcase in the boot before climbing in the backseat. Anna decides she's going to sit in the back with me because Khloe is driving. We pull out of airport and onto the main road.

"Now, I want to hear the story." Khloe announces, looking at me in the rear vision mirror.

I sigh and explain everything from start to end, knowing I can trust them. I tell them how Ethan went on tour and how the fight went down. I tell them how I left because I needed a break and I even tell them that I cheated on Ethan with Brai. I don't give details of course, just that I cheated.

"Woah." breathes Anna.

"Well, sort of sounds like you both cancel each other out." Khloe says.

"I guess, I just need a break, that's all." I shrug.

"Yeah, I get it. When you make up, I definitely want to meet him." Anna says, shoving me a little from the seat beside me.

"You guys could come and stay with us during the holidays or something." I suggest.

"Yeah, sounds great. What's his last name?" Khloe asks.

"Karpathy." I tell her, realising I've never really talked about him with them before.

"Wait.. Ethan Karpathy? You're dating the Ethan Karpathy?" Anna asks, almost freaking out.

"I thought you would've picked that up when I talked about the tour." I reply honestly.

"Oh my god, Paisley! You're dating Ethan Karpathy!" She continues to fangirl.

"Now we have to meet him." Khloe laughs from the front seat.

"I already said yes." I laugh. Right now I feel safe and happy. I'm with the little bit of family I still have left and I'm ready to have a summer I'm going to remember.

***

We pull up outside the big house, and as per usual, I am swept away. I've only been here a few times in my entire life, and I've always been astounded by how amazing it is. It's almost a perfect house, overlooking the ocean. The beach has really nice sand and bright blue water. The house is three storey, but the top one is just like a big balcony with a spa and pool. I was never quite sure why we ever called it a shack. It's so much better than a shack, it's more of a holiday house than anything else. It's like a really expensive hotel that the whole family owns. Khloe and Anna laugh at my face as they walk past me and up to the door. I pick up the handle on my suitcase, snapping out of it and walking inside after them. The inside is even more beautiful than the outside. The whole house is mainly white with wooden stairs and glass features. The couches are black and along one wall is a photo of every single family that owns this house. They are all the same size and in the same frame, all hung evenly along the wall. I walk over to them and find the one of my mum and I. I was twelve in the picture. I don't want to feel sad, so I walk away and start up the stairs.

"We've taken the first two rooms. Pick any of the others." Anna calls when I'm half way up.

I know for a fact that there's three adult bedrooms and about six for the kids. I find the room I want to be staying in, and realise I should start unpacking my clothes. We all decided we would go for a sunset swim tonight after dinner, so I make sure to keep my bathers out. I decide I need to take a break because my back hurts. I pull out my phone to see a text from Brai.

Brai: how was the flight?

Paisley: pretty good. I'm here safe, I might call you later.

I get an instant reply, but I don't like it at all.

Brai: Paisley, have you seen any social media lately?

Paisley: no, what happened?

Brai: I'll tag you.

I get an Instagram notification and see that Brai tagged me in a video. I unlock my phone and find the notification. It was a video from an Ethan fan account. I let it play as the realisation dawns over me. I see Ethan and Chris getting into the back of the car, but I also see Jai. I realise that that is Sydney airport, not Drysdale airport. Then it full on hits me.

Ethan is here.