Chapter 17

Jakes POV
When I sat back down Erika looked at me concerned probably because I looked nervous.

J: I have to ask you something but I don't want you to get upset

E: okay

J: what really happened with the whole ring thing between you and Lexi.

E: Jake, you know my biggest secret ever why would I lie to you about this? You've done so much for me just in one day and just yesterday I was sure you hated me and I did hate you. You're here with me when my own brother isn't I at least owe you the truth and that is what I said earlier, Lexi came up to me and Noah and said that it was her one good deed towards me and gave the ring back. I swear on everything EVERYTHING I love. I was even confused.

J: I'm sorry Erika lately she has seemed to get worse, like she doesn't show anything but hate even towards Rocky she never trusted her so-

E: I was there remember

J: right Raisa's niece

Nurse: you're awake

E: yup

Nurse: how are you feeling

E: um sore

Nurse: around your v-

J: OKAY Erika are you good alone for this part? I just-

E: *laughs* yeah I'm good

Nurse: we'll only need about 10 minutes

Erika's POV
Jake left with a red face

Nurse: okay the soreness is around your vaginal area?

E: yes, and I'm extremely tired but I can't seem to fall asleep.

Nurse: that's normal to feel a little extra tired because of the meds we gave you during and after he surgery.

E: oh okay that's all.

Nurse: you can go home tomorrow morning, since you won't give us you're last name I have to ask do you have someone to help you at home?

E: yeah

Nurse: good because for a couple of days you won't be able too be too comfortable with your wheelchair because of your wound. So when you leave we will put a numbing cream that you can only use in hospitals so you can stand it at least on the way home. Try to stay on cushioned seats and bedding unless your showering or using the bathroom until your wound heals.

E: do you have an estimate on when I can walk again?

Nurse: Erika you can never tell with cases like yours it's could be in a couples months or maybe end up-

E: permanent

Nurse: let's hope you get lucky

E: thanks Nurse Nancy

Nurse: sure, hey you have a really protective boyfriend out there. Every time someone would walk past the door or come in here he would look at the door or move closer to you. We told him that there was coffee in the cafeteria but he didn't leave your side so one of the other nurses brought him coffee.

E: well he's just my friend who has a girlfriend so that makes him a really great friend.

Nurse: I think he likes you *smiles*

E: okay thanks Nancy

Nancy left and Jake came back in.

J: hey

E: hey

J: I called someone

E: who?

J: Raisa

E: why?

J: I told her that I know everything, I told her that no one knows that I know except me and you and now her, I told her what happened tonight, but I told her not to come because the Nurse said you can leave tomorrow so your driver and Raisa will be here tomorrow morning.

E: you know I could've called her myself and no one had to know that you knew

J: this whole time you've been awake you haven't tried to call not one person you don't think I haven't noticed that? Your dad is busy with work and something is wrong with Justice and it seems like he's not going to change anytime soon so the only person you have at home is Raisa.

E: why do you care so much?

J: I might have not pick the best girlfriend who literally used my love for her to bulling you.

E: duh

J: I still care about other people that hurt especially people that I've already hurt.

E: Jake you do know I'm not mad at you for that anymore now that you explained it right?

J: how can you after I made you cry day after day for 3 and a half years.

E: because you never wanted to do it you were in love. Now I may not understand being in love but maybe one day I will but I do forgive you. Now go home and get some sleep you look tired.

J: goodnight Erika

E: goodnight Jake *smiles*