Chapter 5

•at home with Jake•

Jakes POV
I'm laying in my bed looking up at the ceiling feeling the worst I have ever felt in the three years I've been dating Lexi and that's because I can't seem to get that girl out of my head. Usually right now Lexi would be over here with me and we would be hanging out or something but I lied to her and told her I wasn't feeling well and I feel horrible about it.

The thing is though I feel like I've met her before something about her, but I also know I have never met that girl in my life. It's really throwing me off. I love Lexi with everything in me so I'm just gonna ignore whatever I'm feeling about this girl.

Lexi Lexi Lexi, no girl.

I mean I didn't even get her name or her number, not that it's important or that I wanted them, but- ugh now I'm babbling like that little cry baby Erika.

I'm all about Lexi and I love her. I'm even gonna take her on a date tomorrow after school.

*next day at school*

Erika's POV
I'm waiting at my locker for Noah.

N: hello sweet lover

E: you call me the weirdest things. One day someone's gonna hear you and think we're dating.

N: well they can think that all they want because we aren't you're like my baby sister.

E: you're only older than me by a couple of months.

N: let me have this, you're so much better at everything else.

E: okay Noah

N: alsoooo I can't hang out this because my grandparents are coming to town.

E: it's cool I have to stay late at the diner and like update some menu stuff and work schedules.

?: Erika! Erika!

I turn my head and see Sunny trying to run down the halls in a pencil skirt and a tucked in button up top.

E: yes Sunny?

S: you left your phone and took mine.

E: okay here

I took her phone out of my pocket and we switched phones.

S: thanks

E: next time try to be more discreet because there are people here that I try to avoid-

J: does Erika have another friend?

Le: and wow does she dress just as bad as you

S: at least I don't dress like a sl-

E: Sunny go Oliver might be waiting

S: yes ma'am

E: don't call me that go

Sunny left and I turned to my locker until I felt a hand turn me back around.

R: just because your friend left doesn't mean we are done with you.

A: we're gonna go old school for a second and take your lunch money.

E: you can't I don't eat lunch at school I wait and eat at the diner so I don't bring money to school so your out of luck sorry.

J: you guys it's always the small things. Babe do you like her ring?

Le: it's the only cute thing about her

J: well

Jake grabbed my hand and took it, I jumped at him trying to get it back because it was my moms wedding ring, but Noah held me back because he already knew what I was doing was already going to make everything 100x worse. Tears started falling from my eyes.

Jc: t-thanks for participating Erika

I could tell Justice had to force himself to say that.

When they all walked away I turned around and hugged Noah and just cried.

Jakes POV
A tiny little part of me felt bad but I just ignored it.

Justice's POV (Jc)
I have to find a way to get that ring back.

Le: okay this ring is actually really dope

Jc: yeah it is a round cut diamond, white gold, looks to be about 4.25 carats, and looks to be around 20k

R: how'd you know that?

Jc: my mom is a ring designer for celebrities and before she left I used to go to work with her and I picked a couple of things up.

Good things I'm getting better at lying, bad thing I have to keep lying.

A: who would want to buy her this beauty though?

Le: omg what if she bought it for herself?

They all laughed and I faked laughed.

Erika's POV
I finally stopped crying and just leaned up against my lockers.

E: I hope Justice finds a ways to get that ring back.

Noah looked at his phone

N: uh oh

E: what?

N: I gotta go

E: why?

N: my grandparents are in town early and they want to see me now. Sorry

E: it's okay I was probably gonna bring your mood down all day anyway, I'm gonna go to class.

N: I'll text you

E: okay bye

N: bye

Noah left and I went to class

*class*

Justice's POV (Jc)
Me and my friends are all sitting in class when a substitute teacher comes in the class all frantic.

?: sorry am I late this is my first time at this school?

A: bro this substitute is hot

J: you just can't keep your mouth shut

When she turned around I froze.

Le: Jc are you okay?

Jc: excuse me ma'am why's your name?

An: Angel Hanson (Lets day "Hanson" is her maiden name) but of course since I'm the teacher you would call me Ms. Hanson.

Jc: yeah okay sorry go on.

My MOM who turns out not to be dead turned around not recognizing me of course because she left when I was one and I turned back to my friends.

R: what was that?

Jc: guys that's my mom

J: holy fvck she doesn't recognize you?!

Jc: not at all she left when I was one this sh!t is insane.

Then I realized I have this class with Erika

An: Ma'am are you okay?!

I looked over and Erika was staring at our mom...