19. Roman

Planning went well... Er. Well, as well as usual. Which meant I was a nervous wreck... and coupled with my lack of sleep and nightmares... It didn't go well at all. I think people were highly aware of my nervous ticks. The constant checking of notes... the pacing as I 'brainstormed'... the tapping and subtle bitting of my inner lip. I was fraying. I think it was around the fourth time I reached for Logan's notebook did he show up. Everyone screamed in shock at how he just popped up. I didn't. I was too busy scanning Logan's notebook to even know he was there.

"Well, don't all scream at once." My eyes narrowed as I continued to scan the pages. I was lost to my anxiety... There was no way I could deal with him right now. "Nothing... Not even a 'go away'."

"Go away." I whispered wishing immediately that I hadn't said it. I spotted a bit of black and sighed as I looked up to find Virgil sitting on the table staring at me. "Why are you here? Usually, you try to avoid these meetings." He just smiled slightly as he leaned back pulling my notebook from the pile to look at. I don't think he realized it was my notebook but the look in his eyes caused me to shake.

"Yeah... I'm not doing this." 

"W-Why?" He narrowed his eyes at me as I clutched Logan's notebook tightly.

"Seriously? It's got panic attack written all over in big bold SCARLET lettering!" He tossed my notebook on to the pile and frowned. "Besides none of you can say you all are ok with that. Right?"

"What do you mean, Anxiety? Thomas presented us with a question and Roman here came up with, in my opinion, a very helpful video." Logan was sitting there adjusting his glasses as Virgil tensed up.

"You're ok with it? B-But, come on... Patton, help me out here." I was felling all sorts of bad. Virgil sat there with this pleading look in his eyes as Patton smiled sadly. 

"I'm sorry, Kiddo. I really do believe this will help Thomas." I shook my head and swapped out Logan's notebook for my own seeing Virgil's eyes narrow.

"It's fine, Guys. I c-can just figure out a new idea." 

"No, you will not, Roman." I gripped the pen tightly as Logan sighed. "This is the best course of action we have thought of to take. If Anxiety is that adamant about not participating then you may write him out."

"WHAT?! You're going to write me out of a video because..." Virgil was staring at all out us in shock cutting himself off before he could finish the sentence.

"Yes." Logan said stately ignoring the pained expression Virgil had.

"Seriously, Lo. I am fine with a total rewrite." Logan just shook his head again.

"No. Thomas asked for our help. You provided the best course of action. If we were to deviate from said course of action chances are high that he would not get the same message out of it." I could see Virgil's face started to fall and I wanted to scream.

"Logan, I am sure they are plenty of other..."

"Roman, I said no!" I flinched slightly at the sudden sound and Virgil hugged himself tightly. "Trust my logic in this."

"BUT WHAT ABOUT..." I threw my arms out towards Virgil worry clear in my expression only for the very man to cut me off.

"It's fine Princey." I was going to say something but he just shook his head. "Logan's right. If this helps Thomas than I shouldn't be trying to shut it down. Besides... I'm probably overreacting anyway." He started to get up ignoring everyone staring at him as he hugged his hoodie tighter around him. "I'll see you for the video then?"

"Goodbye, kiddo." Patton waved with a beaming smile on his face as I just sat there watching him sink. I tossed the notebook aside and left before I could be stopped. I didn't want to deal with anything anymore. This was all madness. I should have taken Virgil into account when I thought about it. Of course, Virgil wouldn't like it. He has issues with how he looks already clearly this would cause him problems.

I barely made it back to my room when I was slammed against the wall by a man in a yellow phantom mask... Deceit.

"What the fuck are you planning?" I narrowed my eyes unable to really react. My mask was down for everyone to see just how broken I was... and right now. I didn't care. I pushed down my hood as Deceit hissed at me pushing me hard against the wall. I didn't care. The pain was nothing compared to the constant pain I've had in my chest since waking up. "Roman, answer my question. WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING?"

"What are you talking about?" His grip only tightened as he bared his fangs. Again... I didn't care. 

"What are you doing with Virgil? Putting on that mask and shit... Acting like you aren't you." So he figures out it was me. Of course, he was angry... I'm angry... at myself. "Roe... really? You couldn't even think of a better name."

"I didn't tell him my name was Roe." I pushed him off of me just enough for him to lose his grip as I fixed my hoodie. "He heard me call myself that when I was talking to myself. Besides... I didn't know it was Virgil, until he told me.

"Oh, and I'm just supposed to believe he told you his name." I was getting pissed.

"Yes, he did actually." I stuffed my hands into my pockets as I returned his glare. "The same day you asked me for help. I didn't seek Virgil out to hurt him. I don't want to hurt him." His eyes narrowed more as a sharp hiss came through his slightly pierced lips. "I care about him." And I ended up back against the wall... Deceit had his arm against my chest unaware of the agonizing pain he was making worse from the pressure.

"I swear if you hurt him, I will make your life a living hell. I will make you regret ever meeting us. Do you understand me, Ro..."

"DECEIT!" His eyes went wide as he scrambled away to find Virgil staring at him in shock. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing, Anx. Nothing at all. Roman and I were just having a chat." He shot me this look that normally would have made me shiver were it not for the tear streaks on Virgil's face. "Weren't we?"

"Yeah, Anxiety... Just a chat."