12. Roman

The end of the week came faster than ever. I was... nervous to say the least. I stood there wearing the mask Patton gave me and a nice crisp suit with a red tie outside Virgil's door. I was hesitant to knock. I could hear people shuffling around. It wasn't long before the door opened to reveal the man from the party prior. His mismatched eyes shined with careful curiosity under his yellow phantom mask.

"Deceit? What's..." My eyes went wide. You would have thought I would have figured it out but it wasn't until Virgil called his name did it finally click. Virgil froze standing in the middle of his room wearing his usual nice dark purple shirt and black pants. He shot me this confused look as Deceit moved out of the way to let me in. "Roe? I'm confused."

"Well, it's nearly time for the party..." I couldn't take my eyes off of Deceit. I've seen the man in a yellow and black vest suit talking to Logan so many nights. The mask was always easy to remember. I just never guessed it could have been the snake. I wonder if Logan knows he's been talking with his crush. "I thought..." When I turned back to Virgil my breath caught in my chest. He didn't have any makeup on this time. Not even any foundation... You could see the subtle freckles that lined his cheeks. He looked utterly adorable. "Holy shit." His eyes narrowed as he looked around cautiously.

"W-What?" I was staring at him. I couldn't help it to be honest. We all may look like Thomas but we aren't exact. We all have things that set us apart. Deceit has his snake face. Patton has his blue eyes and blonde hair. My hair is slightly redder than most and Logan... Well, he has his own style. I could really tell you what makes him look different just that he does. Virgil... I always thought it was just the way he did his make up. You know... Not a single side or character does there makeup like him. I never thought he could have freckles. He looked so... "R-Roe?"

"Sorry." I smiled slightly as I laughed at my own ridiculousness. "I've just never seen you without the make-up." His eyes darkened as he smirked a bit deviously.

"And you never will again if you say even one thing about it." My eyes went wide as I gasped in mock horror.

"You dare threaten to take such beauty away from me?" Virgil's eyes went wide as crossed my arms with a pout. "Fine then... If it is silence that you want then mum's the word." Virgil was just frozen in stunned surprise as I walked over and sat on the bed. I was a bit confused. I was going to ask Virgil what was wrong but I wanted to tease him. If I spoke now after I just said I wouldn't then what's the point in that. I glanced over at Deceit to see him holding back some laughter before waving us off as he left.

"See ya, Virge." Virgil's face went white as he spun around to see the door slowly closing.

"Wait, Caz, you can't just leave..." The door clicked and Virgil froze as he slowly looked over at me with this anxious look in his eyes. "Roe." I just smiled as I clasped my hands together on my lap. "W-What are you doing here?" I narrowed my eyes as I shook my head and he frowned. "What you're not going to tell me?" I just chucked a bit as I pretended to lock my lips and threw away the key with a shrug. Virgil just froze in shock. "O.M.G. Your seriously refusing to talk because I said..." His cheeks started to flush and I couldn't help but smile. He really was adorable. He was cute. Why did he hide under all that makeup anyway? Not that he looked bad with it on. Virgil had always caught my eyes, I just never knew what he hid underneath. He tried to hide his face in his hands and I just laughed. "I-I meant... w-with t-the others. W-why would you..."

"Why wouldn't I?" He slowly looked up and I just shot him a smile. "I know I'm a bit of a mess but that's never going to stop me from acknowledging the beauty in others." His face got even redder and I laughed standing up and walking over to him. "Don't you think you look beautiful?" He shook his head and my heart nearly dropped. He was shaking slightly as I pulled him in. My heart broke for the smaller man in my arms. I just sighed resting my head on his has I held him tight in my hands. "Well... I guess I'm just going to have to show you what I see then."

"Good luck with that." He whimpered out as he pulled away. I watched with sad eyes as he walked over to grab his black glittery mask off the table with a frown. "The only one that deserves the right to be called beautiful is the very prince who no doubt is 'gracing the party with presence'." I was just frozen in silence staring at the man as he stared at his mask. "Am I just being pathetic?" I frowned as he looked over at me with a broken smile. "I'm mean, all I seem to be doing is gushing about a guy to someone else."

"Gushing?" He smiled even brighter and I narrowed my eyes in confusion. "Wait, you're 'gushing' over Roman? But I thought..."

"HE'S A GOD DAMN PRINCE, ROE!" Virgil yelled as he threw himself back against the bed with a frown. He just stayed there staring at the ceiling with this lost look in his eyes. "He's sweet and caring. His voice is deep and songful..."

"You mentioned that." To be honest it felt a bit awkward. Virgil was talking so softly about me... about things I never thought about myself. 

"Yeah well, when you hear Roman sing everyone melts." He chuckled to himself as he glanced over at me. "His voice is literally heavenly and mine... Well, let's just say there's a reason I don't sing."

"You sang for the new years video." He cringed slightly as he shook his head. "Didn't you?"

"If by sing you mean literally used Thomas's voice instead of my own so that nobody could see how bad I was or tell the difference than yes. I sang. I jumped up off the bed with a smile on his face as he carefully put the mask on. "Well, I think we've wasted enough time, huh?" I glanced over at the clock to see we were like 15 minutes late and I frowned. "Let's go before Patton and Cassidy think something happened."

"Yeah..." I laughed I ran to open the door for him. He just chuckled as he slowly walked out. "I wouldn't want to be on Deceits bad side."

(Roman is oblivious lolz. It is obvious that Virgil has a crush on Roman but he's too damn blind to see it hahahaha!)