5. Roman

I pulled my mask off and just stared at the two as they left. Anxiety... It really was him. Sure he told me it was but when he took his mask off it finally hit me. I was talking to Anxiety. Like actually talking to him. Not fighting or calling each other names, we were just hanging out and talking. The things he said though. I felt myself drop and I hugged myself a little as the wind picked up.

I took the flower crown off again and just stared at it in my hands. Anxiety... He made it for me. Why? Why does someone like him have to be so god damn... This is pointless.

I never even... All the times that I... I am such an ass. He doesn't even know that I do care about him. He thinks I hate him. How can I hate him? He's the only person who isn't afraid to put me in my fucking place. 

I never even thought he could be wearing a mask too. All this time his life has been so hard... because of me.

"Roman?" I looked up and smiled as Logan and Patton walked out. "So this is where you've been hiding."

"Hiding? Me? No. That would deprive the room of my brilliance." I cringed inwardly at the pompous act I put on. Even now with just them, I can't let it drop. I looked down at the mask and frowned. Patton was right. It's easier with it on. "I'm tired." I got up and stretched looking away as their eyes went wide. I was probably a huge mess. "I just gonna go to bed."

"Nitey Nite, Roamy." Patton coo'd as he nearly fell over. I just shook my head and ran off before anyone else could talk to me. As soon as I walked in I stripped down and put on my sweater and shorts. I didn't feel very... princely. 

I laid in bed for what felt like hours, my thoughts running rampant. He was crying. He was crying just talking about how I treat him. Here I thought it was our thing. We were just always like that. The name calling... the teasing. He shoved me earlier for no reason. I just... I feel terrible. 

And to think... He didn't know it was me. He didn't know who I was. He had no reason to lie just to make me feel bad, he had no clue who he was talking to. I screamed out in frustration gripping my hair as the tears fell. I am such a fucking asshole. How could I make that poor guy cry? I fell back and stared at the roof of my bed, eyes burning and throat on fire from trying so hard not to cry. I hate this so much. I hate... 

I hate being in my room. I got up and wiped the tears off my face as I brushed back my hair and went to the door. I left my room and walked out to the kitchen fully expecting everyone to be sleeping. He wasn't. I froze as I spotted him in the fridge grabbing a can of cola. He spun around and jumped noticing I was there. I cringed and looked away. He just narrowed his eyes.

"Roman. What are you doing up?" He crossed his arms and I rolled my eyes. "I thought maybe you were sick or something."

"Why would I be sick?" He looked away and I could see his fingers twitch a little bit. He was getting uncomfortable. I took a step back to give him some space but masked it with leaning against the wall and raising my eyebrow a bit sassily. "Why you think that?"

"You weren't at the party." I narrowed my eyes and he closed the fridge door looking around for something else. "Normally you're overly obnoxious. I could hear you from my hideout every other time."

"Your hideout? It's a party Virgil, PARTICIPATE!" He jumped again and I cursed at myself. I just don't know how else to act with him. He glared at me and shook his head as he went to leave. I freaked out. I didn't mean to yell at him. I couldn't care less if he hid or not. He has a lot to deal with obviously the parties are too much... I don't... I don't want him to... I grabbed his arm and he tensed up. He whipped around and slapped me across the face before I even knew what was happening. His eyes were filled with fear as if he was scared I would actually hurt him. "I..." Realization filled his face and he dropped his soda putting his hands up in defense.

"I'm... s-sorry... I d-didn't..." I reached out again to control him but he flinched and I stopped. He wasn't kidding. He did need help. He really was overwhelmed. "Ro..." His face went white and he covered his mouth as he ran faster than I ever saw before. I was standing there in shock.

"Anxiety?" I fell back against the wall and just slid down, tears coming back to my eyes. I looked over at the spilled can and frowned. That was the first time he ever hit me. The look on his face... I crawled over and picked it up, tossing in the trash before grabbing a new one. I forced myself down the hallway only to freeze in front of his door. I set it down and knocked before running away to my room. I glanced over at the flower crown on my vanity and smiled. "Next time... I won't let you down."

*Discontinued* Masquerade~Haitus (Needs Rewritting)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara