2.Virgil

"So why was I dragged here again? I thought we went through this. I don't do social gatherings." I said as I made may over to the kitchen. "I have enough to deal with having to go to those stupid parties every week."

"Parties?" Thomas picked his head up and I groaned.

"Forget it." I skimmed through the cabinets, searching and getting nothing. I got pissed and slammed my fists on the table, startling everyone. "Where are they, Thomas?"

"Where are what?"

"MY FUCKING POCKY!" His eyes went wide and I narrowed mine. "Thomas... You said you wouldn't let anyone touch them. I can't deal with you people without them."

"Check the cabinet above the fridge. Nobody uses that one so I tend to put important things there." I don't care if you think it's important. You better have kept my pocky. I groaned jumping up on to the counter, ignoring Pattons cries of worry. I opened the cabinet and smiled wide. Sure enough there they were. 

I looped my arm around the middle divider that separated the two cabinets and placed my right foot as far left as I could, letting the rest of me practically dangle in front of the fridge. I could hear Patton crying and I rolled my eyes as I reached in and snagged a box, jumping down with no issues. I turned around with a pocky stick in my mouth to see them staring at me in shock. It made me very on comfortable. 

"Wha..."

"Morning Bitches!" Roman popped up suddenly and I jumped feeling my heart start to race. I gripped my shirt as I tried desperately to steady my breathing. "No, don't bow. I know I'm perfect but you don't have to." I groaned and glared at him. I started for him as he dramatically flipped his hair, literally making me want to gag. "Now that best side has arrived..."

"Can it, Princy." I shoved Roman so hard, he stumbled, and I had to catch the pocky stick before it could fall. I didn't wait for a response, as soon as I pushed him I ran as far as I could get from him. 

"Well, hello to you, Emo Nightmare." I spun around and flipped him off. He just stuck his tongue out at me as he brushed himself off.  "Hand off the clothes. Do you think I just wake up looking this beautiful? I mean I do but..." Egotistical bastard...

"Seriously guys?" Thomas looked between us and I cringed. I wanted to hide. He probably hates me now. They told me they want us to stop fighting. He didn't like it. I pushed him. I started it. They're never gonna let me come back. Which at first would be fine because I'm an introvert to the millionth degree but I hate being lonely. I hate... I looked over at Roman and my chest closed up on me. He was smiling. He was happy... and I was not. Fucking bitch. "So about tonight..." I groaned and just ate another pocky. 

"We're a bit busy, kiddo. You know every few weeks there's this party."

"Wait, you were being serious?" Thomas looked around and I found myself nodding. It was stupid. I don't even understand why we have to go at all.

"It's mandatory." I groaned out as I hugged myself a little tighter. Every week we're forced to dress up and go to this stupid dance thing in a mask and mingle. I mean the good thing is that your all wearing a mask so no one knows who they're talking to. The bad thing is everyone wears a mask and you don't know who you're talking to. What if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person. It's just a mask, it's not like they can't figure out who you are. "All characters and sides are required to participate."

"It's fun!" Patton jumped up beaming and I wanted to scream. It's not fun. It's terrifying. It's a giant room filled with people wearing masks, with no way to escape. What if someone tries to talk to me? What if they try to dance with me? I DON'T DANCE!

"It's pointless." I could feel my heart start to beat faster and I frowned holding on to my shirt tighter.

"It's a way to allow for some much-needed rest from the stressful job of keeping Thomas in check, whilst also giving us the means to interact with our fellow sides and characters, so that we may be able to do our job more efficiently." Logan straightened his tie and Patton smiled. I felt the anxiety get stronger as the tears began to well up.

"And it's fun!" Patton yelled again and I jumped, the panic taking hold. I sunk down so fast, I got so dizzy. I felt a pair of arms go around me and I broke.

"Virgil?" I turned around and latched onto him as he took me over to the bed. "Hey... What happened? Was it Roman, again?" I shook my head and pulled away. Caz brushed my hair back and I looked away. 

"I just... I got too anxious." He nodded and laid back, just letting me work it out the way I normally do. "Hey, Caz? Do you... Do you think the dances are important?" He narrowed his eyes and I frowned.

"Uh... Yes?" I threw my arms out in frustration and he reeled back. "I'm sorry. Should I have said no?" I laughed and shook my head.

"I know your tricks, Caz. If you had said no as a statement, I would have taken it as a yes. By stating your yes as a question... It meant I had to also take it as a yes. The point remains the same... You agree with Logan.." He crossed his arms and huffed, pouting slightly.

"My point exactly. Should I have lied?" I shook my head no and he let his arms drop. "Logan wasn't wrong, right? I mean... It doesn't help in some sort of way... He's... He is Logic, to disagree with him would be... right." He rolled his eyes hugging himself and I frowned. I could see his anger in himself. He didn't like how he was. He didn't like how he lied. What was he supposed to do though? He was deception.

I can't cause anyone any reason to stop these dances. I may hate them with a passion but the smile on Caz's face while he's there... When he has that mask on he's a totally different person. He isn't Deceit. And that alone is the lie... A lie that alows him to not have to anymore. I can't take that from him.

"So, I see you're already dressed for it." I smiled ignoring the screaming in the back of my head saying to hide and not come out till tomorrow.

"No, I am not. I was so not excited and impatient." I glanced over at the yellow Phantom mask on display on the vanity and smiled. I got up off the bed and walked over to his closet and pulled out a small box that I hid there. "You sure, you're ok?"

"I'm good." I whispered as I opened the box and pulled out a small glittery black mask. The same one I always wear and say I never will again... only to pack it up for the next week. "Actually Caz I'm gonna go get ready myself. I'll see you there?"

"Why wouldn't you?"