23-Betrayal-23

Jennie has never woken up feeling more refreshed in her life.

Meanwhile you were mauling in your mind what the hell that kiss meant. Your heart was basically at your throat by now and while you kept thinking that maybe Jennie finally felt the same way about you, your mind went back to the guy she was dating.

Because she was dating him, right?

You were so shaken by it, that Jimin noticed that something was wrong with you. She had pulled you aside, trying to talk to you and get whatever was in your head out, but you were over the clouds.

"Hey are you ok?" She questioned once the two of you were sat in the kitchen, nibbling on some food she had prepared.

You had looked so dazed, it took you minutes to answer with a simple, "Yeah, I'm fine" but your gaze remained on the window.

She had followed your line of vision once silence had settled in between the two of you and it hadn't been that much of a shock to see Jennie on the other side, surrounded by others and Beaming in a way that made Jimin's blood boil.

So the day went with you completely aloof while the girls went on their schedule and Jimin bit on her nails as much as she could as she kept turning in her head what was wrong with you.

She could only pretend for so long, however, as she wasn't dumb enough to think you'd be over your crush on Jennie.

Finally, the rage in her chest settled when she saw Jennie get your attention and she knew she had to act fast.

Why? She didn't know.

She'd pretend the ache in her chest was because her fun was going to end soon enough.

But at least she'd get some good cash out of this.
———

"Can we talk?" Jennie asked, her mind flying with thousands of thoughts but all settling on one objective.

She was going to tell you how she felt. She was going to say she loved you and wanted nothing more than to be with you.

You had looked slightly startled by the question, but nodded after a few seconds.

"Yeah, something wrong?" You asked softly and Jennie shook her head but you could still see the nervousness in her eyes.

"Come on, let's go somewhere more private" she said, motioning you to follow her and you did, your heart suddenly picking up.

You were nervous, and you didn't know why. She was nervous, and she knew why.

Both of you so caught up in your own emotions you both failed to notice the girl following closely behind with ill intent in her mind.

——-

"Jennie, what's wrong?" You asked softly as soon as you two were far away enough from the cabin and stopped by the lake's edge.

"I... i want to confess something" she starts, her voice shaky as she swallowed nervously and turned to look at you.

You were slightly taken aback by Jennie's extreme determination, but quickly realized that everything Jennie was doing now was shocking you.

It was amazing how she was quickly going back to how she was, and growing from it as well. She was amazing in her own way and your heart swelled with pride and so much more as she took your hands in hers.

She took a shaky breath as she looked at your hands that were smaller in comparison to hers, yet rougher but in the best of ways.

She loved the color of your skin, that was flushed a soft pink and she loved the color of your eyes that shone with adoration despite everything she's done and she just... she loved you.

"I love you. I loved you for longer than you think, and I wish I hadn't been in idiot to make you go through so much with me, but it's gotten me here to the point where I can tell you with confidence that I love you" Jennie said, and you hadn't known that those words were coming, but you didn't feel shocked.

If anything, it made your chest ache and swell even more, eyes softening towards the girl as she took in another breath.

"I'm not asking for you to give me an answer, I'm not making you choose when all I've ever done is hurt you, but I want you to know that I don't think I've loved anyone as much as I love you and I'll be happy if I can just stay by your side" she finished and let the silence course between the two of you, as you took in everything she said.

It wasn't long before tears were cascading down your eyes, so much pent of emotion finally leaving you and Jennie had you wrapped in her arms in seconds.

Finally, finally you could grab her as you had wanted so long ago.

You had always thought about what kissing her would be like, and you had imagined it many times, but nothing could prepare you for the way her lips pressed against hers.

The soft feeling, the slight taste of her lipstick, the way she held you so close to her.

It was as if everything that's been broken and beaten was flourishing once more, growing stronger than its ever been.

You held onto her as much as you could, tears still leaving you but your hands not once moving from grabbing onto her shirt from the waist to keep her close and Jennie cupping your cheeks to wipe away all the tears.

You had separated with a smile finally on both of your faces, overwhelmed and so so happy.

It was as if there was no one else and nothing else but this moment in this place.

"What a fucking fond scene"

And it was all shattered, brought back to reality with the wind suddenly feeling much stronger than before, as you both turned to look Jimin.

She walked towards the two of you, a camera in hand being waved as she let out a tsk.

"I wonder how your fans would react to know Kim Jennie was in love with coffee shop girl?"