20-What's Next?-20

You had been a bit tense after Lisa's quick escape, a bit confused too, but everything was quickly thrown under the rug as soon as the next day they came to your door.

Jimin had taken herself to your apartment, acted like a fixture who has always been there and you didn't really mind it if you were being honest.

She had been on the couch when you allowed the girls in, a warm smile on your face as you happily greeted Jennie who seemed just as happy to see you.

"Who's this?" Jisoo asked as she rounded the corner and met eyes with Jimin, her brows raising in surprise while the girl on the couch smiled kindly at her.

"Park jimin, nice to meet you" she spoke as she got up and stretched her hand to shake Jisoo's, who was still staring the girl up and down before finally reaching over and giving it a small shake, exchanging similar hellos with the other three girls who hadn't met her yet.

Jennie's eyes had stayed on Jimin, unable to keep her face neutral as the girl gave her a small smirk.

You had walked with Jennie to the living room where you all plopped down on the couch and though the atmosphere was tense, you managed to make a small conversation with Jisoo while Jennie seemed to have been stuck staring at Jimin.

She wouldn't deny that the girl with short hair made her stomach twist in the worst of ways. She just seemed to be taunting her as Jimin's lips remained in a forever smirk while scooting closer to you every time.

The nonchalant way she grabbed your hand in between the conversation between you, Jisoo, and rose made her want to rip the girl away from your side.

She almost was going to get up and fight the girl as she leaned her head in your shoulder and you didn't even flinch, just kept talking while the other girls seemed to notice her discomfort.

"Hey, we're going to a photo shoot soon which is a bit away from the city. It's been a while since you've been away, do you want to join us?" Lisa asked abruptly, cutting the conversation off completely and all of you turned to look at her.

Curiosity in your eyes while the rest were giving her confused gazes. Lisa quickly gave rose a side glance and it didn't take long for the girl to catch her drift.

"Oh yeah. Uh, it's in about a week and we'd really like you to come. So would the managers to thank you for your help" rose explained and you tilted your head a bit, jimin raising her head from your shoulder to stare at the girls as well.

"Well, I mean, I'd have to leave my work" you mumbled and Jimin chuckled from beside you, giving your hand a squeeze.

"I'm sure that's what Min Soo would've wanted anyway, why don't you go?" Jimin encouraged to the other girls shock.

You had turned your attention to jimin, brows furrowed in thought while jimin gave you a patient smile.

"It'd be good for you to be away from the city for a bit, don't you think?"

Finally you released a sigh and turned towards your friends, giving them a smile that didn't quiet reach your eyes but it was still genuine.

"Sure, like jimin said it'll do me some good. I'll be ready by the time we leave" you said and the girls all released a sigh of relief.

Still, it bugged them that jimin had been so encouraging for you to go with them, but they decided not to question it more than they should.

"That's great! We're going to have so much fun!" Lisa shouted excitedly as she got up and jumped around while your friends laughed and you chuckled along.

Jimin watched with a warm smile on her face, but it still gnawed at Jennie as their eyes met.

There was something in them that didn't settle right in her.

She pushed it aside and decided to call it jealousy that was clouding her own mind, jimin seemed kind and aside from that she was excited to get you a few days to herself.

She would make things better between the two of you, finally confess to you and tell you everything she's been meaning to say.

All she needed was time and that's what she was going to get soon enough.