Chapter 10 • Not a morning person

Start from the beginning

"The two of you will have to get ready quickly, I want to reach the town at dawn."
Namjoon voice sounded from another room as he came back with two glasses of water in his hands.

He handed the elf one of the glasses, the latter being a bit more awake now as he rubbed his eyes. They had awoken him first after all. Still, it took him a lot of energy to mumble his question.
"How long will it take for us to get there?"

"With your speed, about two hours. We will go there straight away and then take a break after buying you food." The vampire held the rim of the other glass to Eunha's lips, making her hold the thing so that she could sip on the cold water.

She quickly gulped down the refreshing liquid, almost instantly feeling more awake. "Why don't we move on your speed then?"

Namjoon shook his head unsurely, "Tae and I could carry you there, but running at that speed for a long time tires me quickly. I'm pretty good at resisting my natural urges. When I'm exhausted however, not so much. I would want blood, a lot of it. It will only bring you and possibly Jimin in danger."

Eunha absentmindedly nodded her head, she understood.
"Wait, what do you mean possibly Jimin. Why do you not feel the urge to feed on me? Not that I want to, but I'm starting to feel offended. Am I not good enough? Is it because I am a boy?" Jimin started threateningly, eyes widening and eyebrows raising as he silently dared the vampire to try and offend him even more. He would kick his butt.

"You're an elf. You've got supernatural power soaring through your body. It taints the blood. I could still live off of you, but I don't like my food sour. That compared to the sweet substance keeping the human body from dying, however, it stands no chance." Namjoon casually shrugged as he explained the situation, his dark eyes glancing over Eunha's form as he mentioned 'sweet substance'.

"So I am lemon in a world of sugar?" Jimin looked really shocked as he mumbled this. It was almost as if he found himself in the middle of an identity-crisis.

Eunha frowned her eyebrows as she looked at the elf in confusion. Lemon in a world of sugar? What even was he talking about?
Namjoon looked clueless as well, and he was supposed to be the smart one.
"Sure...Now I'm done with patiently answering  your questions. Go get dressed, your clothes are in your room already, I put them there as soon as they were dry."

"You creeped into the room while we were sleeping?" The girl asked, involuntarily shuddering at the thought. In her mind she imagined a horror scene. Clueless teenager snoring away carelessly when slowly the door creaked open. At first there's nothing, but then a tall shadow steps into the dark room. Eyes observing the vulnerable teen, lips pulled in a sinister smirk. A taunting chuckle breaks the silence of the night, waking up the sleeping figure. Then, the shadow attacks.

"Yes."

"Why? You shouldn't just walk in when people are sleeping! It's a violation of privacy! It's like an unspoken rule that everyone knows about! Especially as a predatory creature and most-likely a pervert that you are! You don't do that, you creepy! What-"
Eunha started rambling as panic prevented her to think rationally. This man had been in her room when she was sleeping. Maybe he had even stared at her! He was a vampire after all!

"It's my house. I can go wherever I want, even if you are sleeping there." Namjoon interrupted the girl calmly. He had met a lot of anxious, bright minded, dramatic people in his life. She was probably thinking of all the worst-case scenarios that could have happened, he could tell by the blush on her cheeks and big eyes that darted all around the room.

"But-"

"No buts. Now go get dressed so that we can leave. I thought you wanted to save your mum?"
He raised his eyebrow in silent threat. It was working, he was intimidating without even trying much. The stern look in his eyes forced a sigh out of her lips as she felt like a kid getting scolded for her behaviour.
The worst part was, he had been right. She was the one who needed the soul-keepers' help. She had simply bribed him to help her with her own blood.