fifty - seven

"you're fine right?" minseok peeks into my room after an hour. "no. i'm not minseok. i mean... xiumin." "why? what did taeyong say?" he sits at the side of my bed and places his hand on the back of my head.

"it's just that he said that... he blew someone elses cover and they had to move away from seoul and away from all their friends. i don't wanna turn out like her and her brother." minseok laughs, "relax sooah. they moved because he didn't want to be a spy anymore. it was too much work, and he wasn't cut out for it. i mean he married someone and wanted to start a family with her."

"really? what was his name?" "luhan. he was such a good hacker." "oh... i guess that's more assuring, but what the heck. why'd he force his sister to move?" "his sister wanted to. she's the one who suggested new zealand." i stare at him a bit, "you're lying aren't you?"

"wow you sure are good at telling. yeah he forced his sister to move, but it's because she was a trouble maker. she's not opposite of you. in fact i really hated her." "what was she like?"

"she was a player, if she was in the same situation as you with taeyong she would've forgotten about her brother and just became taeyong's partner." i laugh a bit, but deep inside i knew if it was under better circumstances i would have went with taeyong. i mean... have you seen him?

"well. you should get to bed. you have school tomorrow no?" "um... i think i do. i don't even know what day it is minseok i haven't been paying attention to the date."

"okay then. if you have school i won't tell kyungsoo you skipped. good night." he smiles petting my hair before leaving.

i've been gone from school for like four months. why hasn't the government come looking for me, but then again my brother works for the government which probably explains everything to him.

just as i turn off my side table lamp minseok walks in again. "um... baekhyun just told me you're going to be home schooled. by junmyeon." i stare at his silhouette by the door, letting it sink in, "HOME SCHOOLED. i hate school, but i'd rather go to school then have social suicide. tell baekhyun and junmyeon i refuse. i'll be gone before you even wake up minseok."

"did you hear that baekhyun? i told you she wouldn't like it." minseok says closing the door.