thirty - eight

johnny stayed with me while jaehyun left. "bro are you okay?" he asks. "yeah i'm fine, just a little... shooken up." i mutter. he notices my stare at his protein bar, "are you hungry? i have another one." i look up at him, "mhm..." he reaches into his backpack pocket and hands me a chocolate protein bar. "thanks." i crack a smile.

"weren't you with taeyong this morning?" "yeah. but i got kinda angry so i ran away from him." "oh. well... do you know where baekhyun is? i've been looking for him." i pick at my nails, "no. i've actually been looking for him too." a group of students begin to file into the classroom. "well, i've got to go now." he says getting up.

i go back onto my phone and read the rest of the texts. they're all boring, he has nothing on his phone. just the normal apps and youtube. he doesn't even have any social media apps.

giving up i replace his sim card with mine. i get up and grab a tissue. i wrap the sim card in the tissue and stick into into my pocket.

after school i run home and lock the doors. i also double lock the gate so nobody can get in. i lock the windows and close the curtains.

i was too scared to order take out food and make my own dinner. i make cheesy corn dogs for myself. i felt comforted by the food.

i watch my favorite mukbang person. (stephanie soo anyone? :)) i hear the creak of the gate and pause. taeyong has a key.

i run to my room and shut the door. i lock it, turning the light off and hiding under my blankets. i'm so scared. i think to myself.

baekhyun never taught me how to fight. i panic realizing i left my phone in the kitchen too.

i hear the door knob turn and jiggle. please spare me i don't want to die tonight. i start to tear up and cry.

he kicks the door down. "sooah?" i hear him call out. i don't answer, pretend you're asleep. i tell myself over and over again.

the bed dips down where he sits next to me. "you fell asleep like this?" he laughs lightly, "you're so cute." he uncovers the blanket from me and carry's me over his shoulder. "taeyong. let me go." i say.

he stops in his tracks. "oh. you're up." he laughs, "well not for long." he puts me down. "tae-" he hits me right in the forehead which makes me dizzy. i stumble and hold onto him.