fourteen

that night i do my homework, but i was so bothered by my thoughts. my head was overloading with questions, was baekhyun really the nice guy? what is his job? why was he so dangerous?
"sooah." i jump looking back at my door, "what?" i sigh. "sorry i scared you." kyungsoo pushes his glasses up his nose, "dinner is ready."

eating dinner the only sound was forks clashing against plates. finally, i break the silence unable to get the thoughts away, "what does baekhyun do for a living?" "why don't you ask him yourself." kyungsoo's eyes shift upwards. "because, i don't want to talk to him." my jaw clenches. wow was i good at lying.

"ask sehun then. i don't care." he tsks. "you're lying, you know you care." "yes, but i don't want to tell you." his eyes stare daggers into my own. i bite my lip after finishing my dinner. i place my dishes in the sink before leaving. "hey, wash the dishes you need to do some chores around the house too."

the next morning was almost normal. baekhyun didn't appear near me, was he okay?  it was kind of lonely without him. how was i able to do this? "sooah." i smile turning around, finally baek- oh, it was taeyong. "yes?" i say softly. "i love you so much." he runs towards me and hugs me.

i push him away. "heh, what?" "i didn't want to talk to baekhyun because he's so scary, but thanks to you jaehyun didn't snap at me." he smiles. "baekhyun? scary?" taeyong holds my hand, i felt uncomfortable. "yeah, i honestly don't know how jaehyun talks to him he gives me the creeps."

i try to pull my hand away, but he keeps talking on and on and on. i had to tune him out by looking at our feet. "sooah?" i look back up at him. "huh?" "are you okay?" he furrows his eyebrows. "oh. yeah i'm fine." i smile.

"let's hang out later yeah?" he smiles. "i have work." "it's alright how about wednesday?"
"i-" "that's great let's talk tomorrow!" he skips along like a five year old on their way to ice cream. what was with people interrupting me?