Chapter Twenty Five: Jack's POV

I thought I heard a car pull up in my driveway and I looked out the window. Hope crept up inside me as I saw Kate stepping out of her car and walking up to my front door.

I practically ran to meet her, hugging her the second I saw her. I knew she wasn't mine anymore, but I couldn't resist; I had to hold her in my arms one last time. This could be my last chance to even be near her, and I couldn't let that get away. She immediately wrapped her arms around me, returning the hug. I smiled with longing and sadness, wishing she could be mine.

"Jack? I need to talk to you," she said with a smile in her voice. I let her go and looked into her beautiful eyes, silently asking her to continue. "When I broke up with you, I thought it was for the best. I thought we would get over each other and be ok." I gave her a look that said 'no way could that happen!' and she went on.

"I was wrong. I've never been so wrong in my life. And I realized that I couldn't get over you because I love you too much. Jack, I need you in my life and I don't know what I'll do without you. I can't last any longer without you, it hurts too bad."

"I love you." Was all I had to say before she jumped into my arms and kissed me.