Chapter Twenty Four: Kate's POV

Ok so there's only one more chapter after this!! If you're sad you should check out my new story called Things Aren't Always What They Seem. =)

Chapter Twenty Four: Kate's POV

After Kyle dropped me off I headed into my dad's house instead of my mom's, wanting to talk to him about all of this. He had been in our life since that day he talked to me, and Kristy and I were slowly starting to trust him again. Of course we wouldn't be surprised if he left us again, but at least we were making progress.

I walked up to the front door and admired his new house which was, ironically, right next door to my mom's. I had helped him move out of his old house and unfortunately had to meet his wife and kid. She seemed kind of nice but their kid was a complete brat. A week after he moved out, their divorce became final and he was ours again. And he was starting to establish a relationship with my mom again. I smiled when I wondered where that would go...

"Hi, dad!" I greeted when he opened the door. I was still getting used to calling someone dad, but I will admit that it felt great after all these years.

"Hey, honey! Come on in," he said cheerfully. I walked in and he offered me something to drink. I gladly accepted hot chocolate and sat down on his couch to talk.

"Remember the guy I told you about, dad?" I just couldn't get enough of saying the word 'dad'.

"Jack, was it?" just hearing his name hurt me. I nodded and went on.

"Well, I broke up with him a little while back and I saw him today. I miss him a lot, daddy." I felt like a child; being so vulnerable and calling my father 'daddy' while tears formed in my eyes.

"Do you want him back?" I could tell he wasn't sure what to say, so he started somewhere simple.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"Do you think he wants you back?"

"Maybe," I was a little less confident this time and I almost said no, when I remembered what Kyle had said to me. "Kyle said he can tell Jack misses me." I admitted, looking into my father's eyes with sudden hope.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go get him back." He ordered encouragingly, smiling at me before standing up and leading me towards the entryway.

"Thank you, dad," I said, glad I'd talked to him. I knew Kristy and my mom would've said the same thing he did, but I needed to hear it from him.

"Anytime, kid." He said as he hugged me.

I couldn't believe I was actually going to do it. I was driving towards Jack's house and I knew I couldn't chicken out now. Then horrible thoughts began slipping into my mind. What if he doesn't want me back? What if he won't forgive me for hurting him? What if he found someone else?! Oh no, it was happening; I was seriously contemplating chickening out.

I pulled into a random empty parking lot and picked up my cell phone to call Kyle. I was starting to worry that I was making a mistake and needed his words to comfort me.

"Kyle? I don't know if I can do this." He knew right away what I was talking about.

"Kate, you need to do this. Remember what I told you? He wants you back. Now stop worrying and go get him!" I smiled and wiped away the tears I didn't even know fell from my eyes.