Chapter Sixteen: Jack's POV

"Hey, can you give me a ride home?" my friend Natalie asked at the end of the day.  

"Um, sure," I had a lot to do tonight, but since Kate wasn't at school and I wasn't taking her home, I'd have time.  

"Thanks, Danny was gunna take me but he wasn't here today." she answered, walking outside with me.  

It was all normal at first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. We were talking and laughing, until she started to act a little different. A little more, I don't know, flirty.  

She was touching my arms every now and then, calling me cute and getting as close to me as she could while I was driving. I was extremely uncomfortable with all of this and told her a few times. Her response was always, 'Oh, Jack, you're so funny! We're not doing anything, and Kate is sooo not going to mind us hanging out, so you shouldn't either!'  

"So, um, how far are we from your house?" I asked when she was in the middle of flirting.  

"Just a few minutes. Turn left up here and we'll be there." She replied, touching my arm again. I brushed her hand away awkwardly and said 'ok.'  

When I turned on her street, I got a little freaked out. When she told me which house was hers, I got more freaked out. This neighborhood looked a little too familiar.  

"Walk me inside?" she asked sweetly and I, of course, hesitated. Couldn't she walk herself inside? When I didn't respond, she pouted and said;  

"Please Jack?" I sighed, not seeing a huge problem in walking her to her stupid door.  

"Um, sure." Walking up to her house, I was looking around to avoid looking at her. My eyes stopped abruptly at her next door neighbor's house; Kate's.  

"Thanks for driving me home," she said slowly, leaning towards me. I stepped back and nodded. She stepped towards me again and I started to walk back to my car. She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her. I was about to tell her to get off me and then just leave, but before I could, she kissed me. I pushed her away and looked at Kate's house, hoping she didn't see and assume I had kissed Natalie. She happened to be outside getting the mail though, and saw everything.