○ THIRTY- SIX ○

○ THIRTY- SIX ○
•ERIK'S POV•

I had never been more impressed with Fabian Tryelle, then right now. Having found out, his wife and my fiance were already heading to hospital, the worse settled on us.

My car was damaged by the explosion, but Fabian's brand new Audi, sat unscathed. Until of course, he was doing 110 in the city.

If I was in his position, I'd also be speeding. The love of my life, mother of my child sat in a hospital room, not knowing if I was okay or not.

Fabian got us there faster than the speed of light, and I was okay with that. We both jumped out of the car and ran for the hospital's front doors. Ashleigh was sitting on one of the chairs, with soot covered dress, face and arms, she looked up and relief flooded her.

But I didn't see Avi.

Crying out with joy, she ran to her man and they hugged. I slowed down and looked around. Where was Aviana?

Pulling away, Ashleigh looked at me. "I'm so sorry," she whispered.

My heart stopped. Was Avi not okay?

"Room 31," she said, pointing down the hall.

I glanced at Fabian and muttered a thanks before jogging down the corridor and stopping in front of door 31.

I heard crying inside and my heart clenched. Turning the knob, I opened the door to see Avi on the hospital bed. She turned her head to look at me, before realising who I was.

She struggled to get out of bed but I reached her before she could do any damage. Pulling her into a hug, she held me tightly. "I thought I lost you!" She sobbed into my chest.

My heart clenched and I held her closely in my arms. "You could never lose me," I replied, whispering into her hair.

It felt so good, being here in her arms. She was okay and I was okay, we were all okay.
Aviana however, wouldn't stop crying.

"Avi, baby, I'm okay," I whispered.

She shook her head, hugging me tighter. "It's not you," she whispered back.

Pulling away gently, I knelt in front her. Entwining our hands, I held her in comfort. "What is it?" I asked, studying her face.

She squeezed her eyes shut, tears falling rapidly down her cheeks. Her sobs were breaking my heart and her hands shook. "I lost the baby," she whispered, before crying harder.

I wasn't sure I heard her right. "What?" I asked, unsure.

"I lost the baby," she repeated before taking her hands from mine to cover her face.

I knelt frozen on the hospital floor, unable to speak or move. I wasn't upset with her. This wasn't her fault. I knew of many things that could trigger things like this.

And being through an explosion, with stress, worry and bad health was certainly a major key.

I didn't know how to tell her it wasn't her fault. My mouth wasn't working. Instead, I took her hands away from her face and pulled her into another big hug. "I'm sorry," she cried into my shirt.

I shook my head. "You have nothing to be sorry for," I managed to say.

"Nothing is your fault," I added.

She was silent for a while and by silent, I meant she was still sobbing into my shirt but silently. I didn't know how long we had been standing there, hugging.

It wasn't until a knock at the door, broke us apart. Aviana wiped at her face, even though it was hard to hide her red and puffy eyes. "Come in," I said when ready.

The door opened to reveal my brother. "Jared?" I asked, surprised.

"Sorry to interrupt, the guys at the station let me know you were here," he said, before glancing at Aviana.

"You okay?" He asked, worried.

She nodded and reached out her hand. Taking it, my brother glanced at me. "They found the guy who planted the bombs, some radical wanting to prove no matter how much money seperates the working class, we all die" Jared said, before sighing.

He squeezed Aviana's hand. "I'm glad you're both okay," he said.

I nodded. "Me too," I replied.

"Can I speak to you in private?" My brother asked me, before patting Aviana's hand.

Nodding again, I glanced at Avi. "Are you going to be okay for a few minutes?" I asked, worried.

"I'll be fine," she replied before walking back over to the hospital bed.

Biting back the urge to stay, I followed my brother out of Aviana's hospital room. "What's up?" I asked, as the door shut.

"Well firstly, glad to see you to brother, and secondly, the guys that tried to sexually assault Avaina have been caught, and thirdly what's wrong? Why's everyone so sad if you're both alive.." my brother trailed off.

Lifting my hand, I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I never told you," I said quietly.

"Told me what?" Jared asked.

"I was going to be a father," I said, before crossing my arms.

"What! Jesus! That's great Erik!" Jared exclaimed, his eyes lighting up.

Suddenly, he frowned. "Wait, was?" He asked, confused.

I turned away from him and braced my hands on the wall, sighing. "We lost the baby," I said, closing my eyes.

"Oh, shit," Jared replied.

I looked up at him. "Avi, blames herself" I added.

"When did this happen?" He asked, studying my face.

"I think the explosion triggered it," I replied, straightening my back as I looked at him.

"Is she okay though? Healthy?" Jared asked.

"Aviana is fine, I mean I can only assume, I honestly don't know what's going on," I replied.

"Erik, Aviana is the toughest woman I know, and I think it would take a lot more than this to break her, plus after some healing, you can always try again," Jared said, all rather quickly.

"What if she doesn't want to? What if this is the universe telling us that we shouldn't be together?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"Erik, I grew up with you, I've never known you to be the guy that listens to the universe, otherwise you wouldn't have eaten those crayons back in the day," Jared replied, crossing his arms.

I sighed again.

"Look, everything is going to be okay, you and Aviana are going to be okay, just have a little patience and let time heal all wounds," he added.

"And if it doesn't?" I asked, looking at him.

"Well if you and Aviana can't make it work, then there's no hope for the rest of us.."

A/N

So. I did a thing.
And I know you're all mad.

I'm going to go hide now.
Bye!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, from your very sorry Author.
Tavana xoxox