○ SEVEN ○

○  SEVEN ○

My sister smiled as she held her beautiful daughter in her arms. Sweat dotted her forehead and I smiled as her fiance sat down next to her. "Isn't that sight just beautiful" Dad said, sounding teary.

I glanced at him. "Happy that you're finally a grandfather!" I exclaimed quietly.

He nodded, smiling sweetly at the sight of his daughter. "What about you? How are you getting along?" Dad asked, glancing at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not planning on having kids anytime soon if that's what you meant" I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "No, I meant do you have a boyfriend yet?" He asked, a little nosy.

I scoffed. "Dad, the only man in my life is my boss because I'm work oriented, you know that" I replied, turning to look at my sister.

"Well I saw that boss of yours on the television and he doesn't seem all that great to me" Dad replied.

I rolled my eyes. "You haven't had the pleasure of working with him" I replied.

Dad studied my face. "I know you too well Aviana, do not mix business with pleasure, it never works out" he said.

I swallowed. "I know that" I replied.

My phone buzzed and I reached into my pocket, drawing out my phone. "Speak of the devil" I replied before answering the phone.

I put it to my ear before walking away from the sight of my sister and her newborn baby. "Aviana Elvin speaking" I answered.

"Your dress for tonight is ready to be picked up, I have informed them of what you look like and your name, please pick up your dress from the designer" Erik's voice cut through.

"Of course sir, where's that?" I asked.

I could almost hear him sigh. "Thirty-four Macy Street" Erik replied.

"Okay, what time shall I be expected to be ready at?" I asked, just wanting to confirm.

"The limousine will be at your six o'clock on the dot, I will meet you at the front of the gala at six thirty" Erik replied.

"Okay, thanks" I finished.

"And Aviana.." Erik trailed off.

"Yes?"

"Look nice will you?" He asked before ending the call.

I frowned. "Did I never look nice?" I asked myself.

"You gotta go?" Dad asked as I turned around and walked back to him.

"Yeah gotta run some errands" I replied, opening the door.

I walked into the room and my sister looked up. "Look sweetheart, it's your aunt!" She exclaimed softly.

"Hey you little monkey" I said sneaking in close.

My sister looked at me with a frown. "Don't tell me you have to go?" She asked as I reached out.

The baby latched onto my finger, holding it tightly. "I do, I already had something on tonight, of all nights with my boss" I replied, smiling at little Isabella.

"Oh okay, will you come see me tomorrow?" She asked, hopeful.

I nodded my head and leaned in, kissing my sister on the top of her head before kissing the baby's forehead. "Yeah I will" I reploed before turning to my sister's fiance.

"I'm good" he said giving me a grin.

I slapped his shoulder lightly and walked out of the room. My dad's voice stopped me. "You should stop working so hard, you'll miss the moments that matter most" he said, making me look at him.