○ TWENTY- SEVEN ○

○ TWENTY- SEVEN ○
° 8 Months Ago °

"Miss Elvin, I'd like you to meet the future CEO of Rycroft Enterprises, my son, Erik" Mr Rycroft said, making me look up from my work.

I stood up, bumping into the desk as Mr Rycroft chuckled. "It's nice to meet you sir, I look forward to working with you," I said politely, looking at the much younger version of my boss.

I held out my hand, to shake his but he didn't seem to see it. He studied me.

"Do you think you can keep up?" His cold voice asked, suddenly.

My eyes widened, before dropping my hand.

"Mr Rycroft hired me because I could keep up, so I guess your father is the answer to your question" I replied, giving him a sarcastic smile.

He narrowed his eyes before turning to his father. "Mind showing me where my office is?" He asked, a touch bit rudely.

I couldn't believe he'd talk to his father like that. "Now now, my boy, Aviana will be your personal assistant and she's worked with me many years, and very good at her job, you should pay her some respect," Mr Rycroft said, giving his son a disapproving look.

Erik Rycroft turned to look. "My apologies, I'm eager to begin work and I may have come off a bit rude to you," he said firmly.

"Just a bit," I said without thinking.

Mr Rycroft chuckled. "Leave it to you to remain honest in this business, Miss Elvin, where would this company be without you," he said, giving me a beaming smile.

Being around Mr Rycroft gave you lots of energy and I couldn't help but smile back. "You give me too much credit, Mr Rycroft, I simply do the best I can," I replied.

Mr Rycroft's smile widened.

"I hope my son can count on you to remain honest with him," he replied, looking at me over his glasses.

° Today °

"Hey, you okay?" Janice asked as she broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, looking at her.

"Because we've been here an hour and you still haven't eaten anything," Janice said, worried.

"I'm not really hungry," I replied.

My phone dinged and I quickly picked it up before sighing in disappointment. "Okay, you're being weirder than usual, what happened?" Janice asked, giving me a pointed look.

"I went to see Erik," I said, squeezing my eyes shit as I waited for the explosion.

"You did what!" She exclaimed loudly.

Other diners looked at us and I hushed her. "I got a text from his brother saying he needed help, so I went to go help and.." I trailed off.

"And?" Janice drawled out.

I shrunk back. "I slept with him," I replied, folding my hands in my lap.

Janice looked like she was going to explode. "Why in gods name would you do that?" She groaned out.

"I don't know because we might be having the worst fight ever but I want him Janice!" I replied.

"So why'd you guys break up?" She asked, confused.

"Because of the texts and the fact that the woman was in his office," I replied burying my head in my hands.

"But you love him? And he didn't really do anything wrong?"