○ TWO ○

○ TWO ○

"See you later Avi!" My co-workers called out.

I waved at them, looking up from my desk. Lights shut off in the office and I switched on my lamp, casting a look at my clock. Only half an hour to the meeting and then I can go home.

Hearing Erik's door open, I straightened up amd closed down my Facebook window on my computer. "Good, you're still here" Erik's voice said as he rounded the corner.

"Always" I replied, running a hand through my brown hair.

"What can I do for you sir?" I asked, fighting back a yawn.

"Nothing, both of us have to wait for the Cilent to make their appearance" he replied, sitting down in one of the waiting chairs.

I watched him relax and sigh before checking his watch. "Can I get you caffeine?" I asked, leaning back in my office chair.

His eyes opened and looked at me. "No I'm fine" he replied.

Nodding, I turned back to my computer.
"Is this what it was like when my father was in charge?" His voice asked, making me look at him.

"Well your father was creative, he always decorated the office for seasons and always went around to help people, he was very hands on" I replied, typing up an email.

"Yeah he was certainly good at that" he replied, stiffly.

I glanced at him. "You're not even five months in, don't be so hard on yourself because you're working fine" I replied.

The corner of his mouth lifted up. "I think that's because of you, you're on top of everything, quicker than I am" he replied, raising a hand and leaning on his elbow.

"Eh I've always been like this, used to drive my father crazy" I replied, smiling.

Erik's eyes studied me. "Where are you from? Originally?" He asked, his rings glinting in the lamp light.

"Brooklyn, a small apartment my father owned"I said, smiling at the memory.

"No mother?" He asked, curiously.

My hands twisted. "No, I never knew her, she left when I was a baby and it's always to painful for my dad to talk about, all I know is that she remarried and had more kids" I replied, glancing at the clock.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he said, sympathetic.

"I got over it" I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Is that why your sister's baby's birth is so important?" He asked, his finger running across his bottom lip, absent-mindedly.

"Yeah, she's my older sister, she remembers our mother and swears that she will be so much better" I replied.

I heard the ding of the elevator and I looked across the office to see a well dressed man step into the office. "I think our meeting is here" I said, straightening up my work clothes.

Erik also stood up, straightening jacket before walking over to the elevator to greet the mystery man. I bit my lip. How could he be so sweet sometimes and cruel every other time?

"Aviana" Erik's voice cut through.

He'd gone back into work mode and I sighed, gathering the folders for the meeting.

~

"You look like shit" Janice said, holding out a cup of coffee.

I took it eagerly. "Thanks, and yeah I know I do, I has to rush over here to help Erik settle last nights deal" I replied, yawning.

Janice settled in the chair across from my desk, the same one Erik had sat in the night before.
"He works you too hard, I would've told him to shove it by now" she replied before sipping her coffee.

Sucking the liquid luck, I breathed out. "And that's why I'm the personal assistant and you are the accountant" I replied.

She cracked a grin. "Yeah yeah, so Avi, my brother's in town" she said, her eyes wide with delight.

"No, absolutely not" I said before she could say another thing.

"Oh come on! You haven't even heard my argument! He's a great guy!" Janice pouted.

"I'm not going to go out with your brother, stop trying to hook me up with people" I laughed.

She rolled her eyes. "You're so boring! You need to get out more!" She exclaimed.

"I wil never go out with Jack" I replied.

Janice's grin widened. "But he's really sweet and he's been sweet on you since like the Christmas party two years ago" she said, before drinking her coffee.

I shot her a death look. "You're his sister so you're legally bound to say that, and that wasn't my fault, once again you forced me to do something" I replied, crossing my arms.

"Please! He needs the ego boost" Janice said, folding her hands into a prayer position.

I sighed. "You're an awful friend, one date! One date and that's it!" I exclaimed, as my emails loaded up.

Janice cheered. "I'm going to text him the good news, your intercom is flashing" she said before departing.

I looked down and sure enough Erik's light was flashing. I pressed answer. "Good morning sir, anything I can help you with?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Bring me my usual coffee and the notes from last night" he barked before hanging up.

Sighing, I got up and walked into the kitchen. I was in the middle of making Erik's coffee when I heard his voice behind me. "What's taking you so long?" He asked  a rough edge to his tone.

"No more time than usual, is everything alright?" I asked, turning around to face him.

A woman went to walk into the kitchen but she stopped at the doorway, her eyes wide before backing away. "Everything's fine, I'm just eager to close this deal" he said, running a hand through his hair.

"Sir, I'm pretty sure you have it, he looked super convinced last night" I replied, finishing making  his coffee and holding it up.

He took it without a thanks. Erik's phone dinged and he pulled it out quickly. I watched his face morph from nervous to absolutely furious. "That son of a bitch!" He snapped, throwing his cup at the wall.

I flinched and fell back as the mug smashed against the wall, leaving coffee everywhere. I took a deep breath to steady my nerves. "Aviana, get ready, we're going to see Mr Fabian Tryelle" he snapped before storming out.

A/N

Ooop
Crossover! 😂
See Erik can be so sweet and then the next minute just lose his cool.
(Everyone after exams)

What did you think of this chapter?
Wattpad seems to be glitching for me so just hold tight and hopefully you'll get this :)

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox