○ TWENTY- TWO ○

○ TWENTY- TWO ○

"Are you sure you should be going to work?" I asked, tilting my head as I watched Erik button up his suit shirt.

"I have to keep busy, besides Jared is doing all the funeral planning so it's not like I've got anything to do anyway," he replied.

"Well we are still yet to discuss our plan," I said, as he turned to face me.

"Plan?"

"Am I moving into your house or are you moving into my house, you know.. plan" I said, frowning slightly.

Erik buttoned up his sleeves. "We will talk about this, okay? I promise but maybe just not today," he said, walking towards me.

He leaned down and placed his hands either side of my hips and leaned forward. "Would you like me to come over tonight?" He asked, watching me carefully.

I bit back my sigh. "If you'd like to, I'm not going to force you into doing anything you don't want to do," I replied a little sarcastically.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't hurt by the fact Erik was just brushing my request to the side. I understood he was mourning but if he could get up and go to work, then surely he could talk to me about our future.

He was the one who wanted me to quit and move in, making it sound like we were going to jump straight in. I just didn't want to admit that maybe I had been played.

I hoped I hadn't been played.

"Maybe we should sleep in our own homes tonight," he said, as if reading my expression.

His words only cut into me more. I grimaced as he pulled away. "Good idea," I lied.

Erik moved towards the bedroom door. "Text me if you get lonely," he said studying me for a second before disappearing out the room.

I waited until I heard the front door close and I pushed the covers off my body. Stripping as I went, I turned on the hot tap of the shower before climbing inside and perfecting the water.

As the water streamed over my skin, I couldn't help but wonder if all his sweet words and actions was just another way to bend me into what he wanted.
Erik wasn't like that, right?

I was obviously just overthinking things.

A sound rang out across the room and I gurned the shower off, quickly grabbing my towel and folding it around my body.

Walking back into my room, I glanced at my phone to see a black screen but there was still a phone ringing. I followed the sound and found Erik's phone had fallen off the dresser and down beside my bed.

Getting on my knees, I reached into the small crack between my bed and dresser. I grabbed the phone and pulled it out.

A woman with golden blonde hair stared back at me as her name spelled brightly across the screen. The call finished and left the phone open.

I went to turn it off but a part of me wanted to know who she was. Maybe, she was the one replacing me.

Melissa:
I'm back in town for your mother's funeral, will I be seeing you there?

Erik:
Yes, of course I'll be there.

Melissa:
Maybe we can go for a drink afterwards, just like the old times. I've missed you.

Erik:
Mel, I've moved on from you. We shouldn't.

Melissa:
Oh come on, Erik. Live a little.

Erik:
Okay, sure. Why not?

I didn't finish because I turned the phone off, not wanting to read anymore. They were obviously close, but how close?

I hated the part of me that flared up with jealousy. Throwing the phone on the bed, I finished my shower before getting dressed. Grabbing the phone, I grabbed my car keys and bag before walking out and locking the door behind me.

The route to the office building was burned into my brain and I knew all the shortcuts. Making it to the building, I waited for the elevator with Erik's phone in my hand.

I was mad, jealous and annoyed. Plus, I thought he'd actually need his phone to organise meetings and such. I got off on the top floor and walked towards his office as some of my work colleagues watched me pass them.

Janice widened her eyes as I walked past her.

Walking past my empty desk, I ignored it and knocked on Erik's office door. "Aviana!" Janice called out.

I turned my head to look at her. The door opened and the pretty blonde that had shown up on Erik's phone answered the door with a smile.
I locked my jaw. "Is Erik in?" I asked, almost rudely.

"Oh I'm sorry, he's no-" she was saying before I cut her off by pushing past her.

Erik was at his desk and looked up as I stormed in. "You forgot your phone," I said firmly as I placed it on his desk.

He stood up. "Avia-" he began to say.

I threw up my hand to stop him. "I really don't want to fucking hear it, Erik, I really don't" I snapped.

He moved around the desk quickly and reached for me. I batted his hand away. "Don't touch me!" I exclaimed.

He flinched.

I couldn't help the hurt that welled up inside me. "You can take your "grief" and shove it up your ass!" I snapped, gesturing to Melissa.

"Avi!" He yelled out as I turned around and pushed past Melissa again.

I paced down the hallways, work colleagues sticking their heads over their stalls. Erik called out my name. "Let me explain!" He yelled, walking fast after me.

I pressed the button to the elevator, the ding sounded and the doors opened. "Aviana!" Erik exclaimed, picking up his pace to a jog.

Our eyes met, and finally a tear fell from my eye.
"Don't ever talk to me again," I said, before looking away as the elevator doors closed.

A/N

Do you think that Avi overreacted? Even after the texts?

Let me know your thoughts!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo