23

Chapter Twenty-Three

Natsu Dragneel

A/N: Idk if you all have figured it out by now, but the chapters are song titles that hopefully somewhat incorporate into the chapter. For example, this chapter is Up All Night by One Direction. They're all amazing so you should listen to them!! :)

"T-truth or dare?" I squeaked, slinking back into my lawn chair. The light from the flames illuminated the smirk on her face as she nodded in conformation.

"No," Gray finalized sharply. "I know what you're planning, Ul, and it isn't going to work."

I leaned over to whisper confusedly in Gray's ear. "I don't know what she's planning. What is she planning?" I asked softly.

"She probably wants us to make out," Gray explained with an abhorrent expression that was next to impossible to spot in the dark. "Which I don't mind doing, I just don't want her to watch." I blushed and thanked my lucky stars it was dark outside.

"Why don't we just stargaze?" I offered gingerely. "No harm in that, right?"

Gray scoffed. Oh, right. "Wait, nevermind."

"I have a wonderful app on my phone, its kids truth or dare, I don't see what the problem is," Ultear chirped. I probably looked skeptical, because she gave me a flat look. "The worst dare on there is eating a squirt of ketchup. And Lyon usually gets that every time."

"It's yucky," Lyon pouted.

"I'm fine with it," I shrugged. "Gray?"

Gray huffed. "Fine."

"It's so interesting how he always says yes to you," Ultear commented, an underlying message in her voice. Gray looked away apprehensively and I grinned proudly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Using a truth or dare app on my phone to generate the questions. I apologize in advance.

"Okay, I typed in all our names, and now I just have to shake it and see who's first," Ultear explained as she tapped on her phone while Lyon moved to sit in my lap. She took it in her grip and violently shook it back and forth before staring intently at it to see who it would land on. "And... first up is... Lyon! Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Lyon said firmly. "I'm not eating ketchup this time."

"Truth..." Ultear said to herself as she mulled over the question. "If you could get rid of one food on the planet, what would it be?"

"Sweet potatoes," Lyon said after thinking it over. "Those are sooo gross."

"You know, many African provinces depend on the sweet potato on their prime source of food," I pointed out.

Lyon gave me a weird look. "But they're sooo gross." He repeated. I shrugged as Gray held back a smirk. Like my dad always says, you can't argue with an unreasonable person. "Who's next, Ul?"

"Let's see... Gray, your turn! Truth or dare?" Ultear turned to Gray expectantly, her thumb hovering over the screen.

An annoyed look passed over Gray's face. "Both options suck. But truth sucks slightly less, so I'll pick that."

Ultear nodded, tapping the phone and suddenly bursting out laughing. "N-name a g-gay person whom you respect!!" She shouted before bursting into giggles.

"WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT," Gray asked, blushing. "Lyon gets a food question and I have to answer this?"

"Well, the app gives questions based on your age, gender, and sexuality, so..." Ultear trailed off, twiddling her thumbs. "Just answer the question."