8

Chapter Eight

Natsu Dragneel

Filler chapter. I'm sorry :(

After class, Lucy pulled me to the side with a firm look on her face.

"We need to go to the mall today," She declared, crossing her arms.

"I can't. I have somewhere to go tonight," I explained, mind drifting to my plans to go to Gray's family barbecue. A small smile appeared on my face and Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Somewhere with Gray?" Lucy guessed, failing to hide her grin. I nodded, trying to play it cool. "That means we have all the more reason to go. I have somewhere to go tonight as well, and I need a new outfit. And judging by what I've seen of your closet, so do you."

"He's blind, Lucy. I could show up nude and he wouldn't know," I said cheekily. "But fine. I guess I could check out the sales."

"Yay!" Lucy cheered. "Luke needs my car because he's staying after school for football practice, so can we go in yours?"

Luke is Lucy's twin brother. Even though they look nearly identical, they're the most different people you could meet. Luke's the quarterback, and makes sure he lives up to his title, while Lucy doesn't even try to do sports, even in gym. The only similarities they have are their big mouths and mischievous personalities.

"Did you only ask me to go because you needed a ride?" I gasped dramatically, covering my mouth in surprise.

"You know it's not like that!" She defended, sticking out her tongue. "Come on, Nat, let's go, so you can be on time for your hot date, and still have time to do homework," Lucy grinned.

"It's not a date," I mumbed to myself shyly as Lucy and I linked arms and walked out of the school building. We piled into the car and got out of there in record time. The drive to the shopping complex wasn't too far, a little less than ten minutes, and the time was spent with Lucy and I singing horridly to Krewella remixes.

When we pulled into a relatively close parking spot near the front entrance. Lucy nearly threw herself out of her seat in joy. I followed her inside, hands stuffed in my- er, Gray's jacket pockets and looking around at all the people. Even on a weekday afternoon our tiny strip mall was crowded, which was surprising.

"I've been dying to see the new selections at Hollister," Lucy gushed as we walked aimlessly. "Mind if we go there first?"

"Sure," I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked with a concerned tone.

"It just... smells really weird in there," I admitted, scowling.

"It's just perfume," Lucy reassured, chuckling.

"Perfume that smells like someone took a bath in a cupcake," I argued, crossing my arms in defiance. Lucy didn't bother responding, because she knew she had won the argument before it even started, and she skipped into Hollister with me following close behind. Lucy ran off to the women's section while I reluctantly went to go skim the men's choices. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but hey, this is way better than looking at flowery skirts and low-cut neon tank tops.

I pulled out my phone and began to play a game. I leaned against the shiny oak walls and waited for Lucy to finish making her purchase. After ten minutes or so, she emerged from the check out line, toting a medium-sized Hollister bag.

"What did'ja get?" I asked curiously, taking the bag from her. I pulled out a navy tank top with small white flowers and lace on the edges and a pair of lightwash skinny jeans. "How much did this cost you? $70?"