♟ Chapter 6 ♟

Start from the beginning

"That guy was really stupid." I heard a girl shout to another girl.

"I know right! I wouldn't have said those words if I was in that guy's position."

"I pity him. Daring an Alpha especially Alpha Xanthos is something that a person should never do."

"He literally bad-mouthed the Alpha!"

Oh, so the boy who was beating the other guy to a pulp was Alpha Xanthos. But the word Alpha sounds really weird. I felt like I have heard it somewhere but couldn't put the finger where. Oh wait, I think it's from geometry or maybe in chemistry? yea, yea greek words alpha, beta, gamma etc 

The entire crowd became quiet when one girl screamed; asking them to stop fighting.

But I guess it fell in the deaf ears.

"Stop Alpha Xanthos! He uttered those words by mistake!"

The girl standing beside me laughed. "Look the girlfriend is pleading."

"They aren't even mates but look at that girl. She's flooding tears." She continued. "Oof, the chemistry in the relationship."

I blinked as I saw the girl who I now knew was the beaten guy's girlfriend ran in between the fight. I noticed all of them were standing silently. 

"Why's no one stopping this fight? Like two people can hold each of that guy's hand," I said to the girl who was standing beside me.

She shook her head. "We can't stop the Alpha- wait." She sniffed weirdly. "Are you new here? You smell... unique? Yea different than us." Huh? smell unique? Where did this come from? "You wouldn't really understand this situation then, human." 

"Umm- I didn't get you," I asked tilting my head. "Who's an Alpha?"

"That guy who we can't stop is our Alpha, so if we do something that he doesn't like, we wouldn't be able to escape the consequences and he's someone with whom you shouldn't really mess with. Even the slightest mistake and you'll know what hell means."

"Is he like the school leader?"

"Okay you can understand it that way."

A loud scream made everyone take a step back. My eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

The guy who was hit by the 'Alpha' now lay on the ground struggling to wake up. 

"You think you can get away with what you said?" He kicked the guy before staring at the dead silent crowd. "If anyone dared to disobey me, I'll make sure you go through the worse." He cracked his hands before continuing, "You get m--"

"ACHU!"

A loud sneeze cut him off. My eyes quickly opened only to see the school leader's eyes on me. Now, my eyes if possible, widened further when I realized my hands were covering my mouth and it was me who sneezed out loud.

I swallowed as the 'Alpha' continued to stare at me. What should I do? Should I run from here? 

"Human?" The girl beside me shook my hand to make me come out of my shock.

"That," I pointed at my mouth, "wasn't supposed to come out loud, haha, y-you can continue haha," I managed as awkwardly as I could.  However, he started taking long strides towards me while staring straight at my eyes.

W-Why was he coming here? Why?

I took small steps behind. " See, it's just a sneeze, you can't be this hot headed to be disturbed by a sneeze. Next time, I'll ask my sneeze to inform me beforehand yea that would do I guess."