"You probably think he's real cute, Yeah?"

Just as she turned to glare at him, she heard the sound of a ball cracking off a bat. Alicia spun back around, wide-eyed, to see Aaron was in the process of running to first base. He was easily safe.

"You made me miss his first hit of the game!" She exclaimed.

He cheese. "At least I didn't miss your first time saying more than six words to anyone."

She marked single next to Aaron's name, gave him a look, and said, "you're in the hole, bye!"
-
Clapping erupted from the dugout as Wilmer difo lined out to judge, who was in right field, for the least out.

Alicia found herself smiling almost immediately. Aaron Boone turned to her with the same expression on his face. He high-fives her before pulling her in for a hug.

"Great job, Reyes," he said, although she didn't understand why. She created the lineup for the game, that was all. As if he'd read her mind, her boss continued, "you set us up for this."

Alicia shook her head slightly. "I don't care if you don't believe me, "he laughed, high-fiving chapman and romine as they made it into the dugout.

"So, how this goes is.. once they all get in and get their stuff, they'll go to the locker room and we'll go for the press conference."

Her jaw dropped. "Press conference?"

Aaron Boone crossed his finger and closed his eyes. "Please tell me they hired me an assistant who knows what a press conference is."

Alicia shook her head again. "I'm helping you?"

"Jesus, I'm really making you test your boundaries today, "Boone sighed. "You okay to help an old man out with a dumb press conference?"

She took a deep breath. "Okay.."

By then, all of the players had gotten into the dugout, so Boone started to lead her to the press conference room.

The room was loud with buzz of reporters, and quoted down slightly when they noticed the pair in the doorway.

"Sit here," Boone mumbled, pointing to the chair next to his. Then, he called out, "ready for questions."

"Great." A woman pushed her way to the front and grinned widely. "Meredith madakovits here, reporting for yes network. ,y first question is for miss Reyes. So.."
-
"I think you're the reason we won."

At dodos statement, she rolled her eyes, even though she couldn't help but smile. "You homered twice, Aaron hicks scored, and cc got the shutout. I have nothing to do with it."

He motioned for her to turn left with him. "I'm serious . You're a real life good luck charm!"

Her laugh rang out as the two of them walked through the silent hallways. "You're crazy, di."

He pushed open a door and the chilly city hair hit them all at once. "Well, here's the parking lot. I'm gonna call a car since Gleyber drive me here," he told her.

"You sure? I can drive you," Alicia offered.

"I'm okay, my house is super out of the way and you have to get home at some point. See you tomorrow!" He grinned at her and waved. She waved back and pulled her keys out of her pocket.

 She waved back and pulled her keys out of her pocket