THE EPISODES-Chapter Fourteen

Stevie Quay is back on the screen wearing a traditional black tuxedo by Dulce and Gabbana, but he looks somewhat casual with a microphone in his hand.  He once again shows his dimples as he stands in an empty ballroom with an obnoxiously ornate chandelier overhead. 

"Welcome to our Friends and Family Night here at The Scholarship.  This ain't no Chuck. E. Cheese event but a glamorous, over the top gathering of all those involved in the show," Stevie looks around for a moment and lowers his voice, "and some of their not so glamorous family members."

He walks to the other end of the room where wide, ornate doors stand open to a large balcony.  "It's a beautiful night for a ball, isn't it?"  He walks out on the balcony and stands silent for a moment enjoying the view of downtown Los Angeles.  He turns around and looks right into the camera.  "We're so glad you can join us for another behind the scenes look into," he pauses somewhat dramatically, "The Scholarship!"

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *         

            The next camera shot shows the ballroom full of people in fancy clothing.  Not everyone is dressed quite as nicely as Stevie Quay, but there is an air of style in the room.  The camera pans the crowd slowly as several familiar faces grace the screen.

The camera stops and zooms as it captures the Plath sisters in all their beauty.  They are at the bar with a middle-aged man dressed in a suit that looks as though it was just pulled from a hamper.  He wears glasses that seem too big for his face, and he fumbles with the martini Candy Plath has just handed him.

Candy, on the other hand, is dressed in a silky, floor length dress of lavender with strappy silver heels.  Her hair is curled and pinned up, but thin wisps escape her hairdo and elegantly frame her face. 

Cynthia Plath stands next to her sister in a simple black cocktail dress and four inch black heels.  Her hair is simple and straight with a diamond hair pin on one side.  She laughs as she sips her signature drink.

            "Relax, George," she says to the awkward man standing between her and her sister. 

            "I appreciate you inviting me, Cynthia," the man practically stutters.  "I just feel incredibly underdressed." He looks down at his clothing in dismay.  "I wore this suit to the lab this morning, so it's a bit wrinkled."

            "I think you look adorable," Candy reassures him as she gently lays her hand on his upper arm. 

            "Thank you," George says.  "You look positively stunning."  They smile at each other.  "Have you been keeping up with the final episodes of The Big Bang Theory?" Candy's eyes light up.

            "Yes!  I can't believe it's their last season!" She gushes.  "Do you think they'll do anything crazy on the series finale?"  George and Candy continue their discussion about their shared love for the popular sitcom, but Cynthia's eyes have been fixed in a certain direction for several moments.  The camera finally follows her gaze to the doorway of the ballroom where William J. Jones stands with his daughter on his arm. 

            "Excuse me, will you?" She says to her lab assistant and her sister.  They barely notice when she leaves and walks toward her fellow judge.  The cameras follow her as she slowly makes her way over to William. 

            "Good evening, William, " she says as she lightly kisses him on the cheek.  "And who is this stunning young lady?"  William is dressed in a rental tuxedo, but he makes it look good.  His daughter, Gabby, barely reaches his shoulders, even in heels, but she looks beautiful in her red gown.