Chapter Six: The Healing Process

One Week Later: November 3rd

(Deven)

I didn't mean to upset him I really didn't. I had no intentions in finding out things he wanted to keep private. I had a stupid innocent idea that I thought would probably go no where. Looking up his name and where he was from to see what popped up. Never thinking about any bad that would come from it. How was I suppose to know it would reveal everything?

Usually everytime I've ever done this before nothing has came up. Everything costing money to find out about the person. But this time was different, what appeared on the web page once it finally loaded surprised me.

I wasn't trying to find out something horrible that happened to him. To find out the very reason he's living with my family because of this. And before I could click out and act like I didn't just find out he grabbed the phone away from me. Glancing at the screen and getting taken back to when it happened.

The look in his eyes showed it still pained him to think about the past and the anger in his voice showed it wasn't a topic he was willing to talk about. All the reasons why I'm mad at myself for finding out.

That was about a week ago and he still hasn't been able to talk or even look at me. And I can't even look at myself because every time I do I feel like a terrible person. I finally got him to start to trust me and start talking as friends and I went and ruined it.

Typical me able to mess up anything and everything I'm close to. Maybe that explains why I don't have any friends. I do stupid things without realizing it until it's too late. I don't know how many times I said sorry to Daniel. I'm guessing more than I ever have in my whole life. Telling him none of that matters and I still want to be his friend. Someone he can trust and talk to about anything. That's what he probably needs right? A friend that won't hurt him like the people he probably once trusted.

"What did you do this time?" Tyler asks standing in the doorway.

I look over from where I'm sitting on the bed not surprised to see him. Tyler always seems to be around when I do something wrong. Questioning me about what I did before I even say anything. I've known him for two years when my parents first took him in and even though we didn't get along in the beginning we're actually good friends now.

"Nothing," I finally answer.

"You know I've learned a lot about you in the course of two years. I can tell when you're telling the truth and when you're not especially when it's so obvious. Why else would you be sitting in your room all alone?" he says.

"Daniel's at his counseling of course I'm alone. And last time I checked sitting in my room wasn't a crime." I reply.

"It is when you're sitting there looking like your hiding away because you did something. Now what is and I'll see if I can help."

"Am I really that obvious?" I ask.

"Uhh yeah." he replies.

"Says the guy that used to hide away in his room." I respond getting a cocky smile.

"Ha, well that was different. I was scared to get close to anyone but it isn't like that anymore. So will you stop avoiding the subject and tell me already?" he says waiting for me to tell him everything.

"I found out the reason why he's here and why he doesn't trust people. I wasn't trying to I just stumbled upon it by accident." I say feeling the guilt just thinking about it.

"How did you 'accidently' find out? Didn't I tell you to just let him be? To not stick your nose where it doesn't belong?" he questions me. Only reminding me how much more of an idiot I am.